07 February 2022

The File of Facts - Your Questions Answered...

Firstly to everyone who has bought the book, thank you for your support and feedback. 

Why did you write the book Steve?

I wanted to bring together all of my acquired knowledge from the last few years in an easy to read and reference format. 

Aren't all things mentioned in the book on the blog?

Most of the information at some point has appeared on the blog, but over 12-13 years some of that information is buried in the hundreds of other blog posts. Finding a particular snippet of information can be difficult, if you know it exists. 

I keep a copy of the book to hand to answer questions daily on social media, because it's quicker! I struggle to remember when I wrote something, therefore finding it again can be difficult. 

Why is the book shown as unavailable on some sellers sites?

The inner workings of the different retail book channels is a bit of a mystery, some sellers can take 30 days to approve and make a book available for sale, yet others do it in a matter of hours. We have been chasing them to try and find out what the delays are. Please be patient they should get there soon. 

I've discovered that writing the book was only half of the task, getting it published even though that was done by my dear wife Alison is a whole new challenge. 

Don't take the challenge of writing a book lightly, be it fiction or non-fiction. 

Can I buy a signed copy from you?

I've not ruled this out, but the cost will be considerably higher than I would like it to be. Shipping alone would be in the region of €10 per copy on top of the cost of the book. Naturally if we happen to meet up at sometime in the future, when travelling gets back to normal I will happily sign your copy. 

Why isn't XYZ mentioned in the book?

I didn't deliberately hold anything back for a Volume 2, but some fact were a bit thin in terms of information I had, so they did get left out. 

A 2nd edition will no doubt appear at some point in the future, when that might be, I don't know.  

At the time of writing this post I've not even started on researching additional information for inclusion. 

In some cases there is only a brief mention of someone or something because despite extensive searches I haven't found any additional information about them or it yet. 

With additional information coming from catalogues I occasionally receive, each one opens up more information, a little like more parts of a jigsaw puzzle.  

Why aren't there more photographs and images in the book?

Nice though it would have been to illustrate the book with lots of images, they don't always come across well in a black and white print or on an eReader that isn't a colour display. If you use an app on a tablet the images are in colour. 

The tables are all images which caused some difficulties to get those to display/print correct. 

Where can we find out more information and where to buy the book? 

I've set up a 'File of Facts' page here on Philofaxy for you to find all this information, it includes the ISBN numbers for the printed and ebook versions. It is available in all the common ebook formats as well as the printed version. 

Once again thank you to everyone who has supported this project in many ways. 

No comments:

Post a Comment