20 May 2022

Free For All Friday - No. 706 by Anita

Life has been a bit full-on for the last number of years, so I'm currently in a bit of a recovery phase where I've been resting, starting to declutter more and looking for ways to simplify things. Unsurprisingly, that means that I've started to think about how I can simplify and review how I use my Filofaxes. 

My current inventory:

  1. Pocket (A7) Moterm - unused as I've realised that pocket is too small for me 
  2. Lefax City Slimline - unused
  3. Personal Kensington - my favourite that's been in use since January 2020 and still in this set up
  4. Custom standard Van der Spek - holding spare inserts 
  5. Vintage non-branded (very similar to a Winchester) - unused
  6. A5 Original - in use since November 2020 for work
Whilst I own six in total, only two are in use on a regular basis (Kensington and Original), so I think that it's time for me to start rehoming the others. 
 
I'm also going to try a couple of different set ups to help me catch up on some backlog projects, whilst using the Original still for work:
  • Using the Lefax slimline as my main binder, with the Kensington holding the old inserts that need to be processed
  • Everything in the Kensington - the first two sections will be for current lists and notes, with a third which will hold the backlog. 

I'm looking forward to taking some action towards getting back up to date, and will write some posts on the set ups and how I'm getting on with them. I'm currently planning on rehoming three binders, so I now will decide which extra one that I'll be keeping, along with the two in use. 

Have you recently been looking to simplify your set up or how many organisers that you use?

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related. I hope that you have a great weekend. 

3 comments:

  1. Not exactly simplifying but a bit of a review. I've finally accepted it's time to move on and I have real options to change employment. So I'm looking at using my personal Filofax for reviewing and making notes towards finding that new, better or more interesting job. I'm thinking at it's most basic a notes section just for ideas that come into my head that's remotely relevant that I can review for what keeps with my goals. Of course I expect the ff can help in other ways too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck & I hope that it goes well with changing jobs.

      I'm grateful that I finally decided to resign from my previous employment & have much more job satisfaction now than I've had in a long time & using my brain more too.

      Delete
    2. Oh with you on using the brain more. That's why I'm looking for the change.

      Delete