17 October 2022

'I'm not going to let that happen again.......'

Daily consumption
Write it down, you won't forget it.....

This happened to me in the last couple of weeks. 

Each month I read the electricity meter, the water meter, and measure the amount of oil in our central heating tank. The oil measurement is done by measuring the depth of the oil in the tank in centimetres and converting that into litres, or rather my spread sheet does the calculation for me. 

I've been doing this task every month for the last 12 years, normally on the 2nd of the month. Over time the spreadsheet has grown and given me a lot of useful information about our consumption of electricity, water and oil. 

In times of increasing energy costs having this information is very useful for budgeting etc. 

At the beginning of October, I did my usual meter reading routine, adding the readings to my spreadsheet and then checking the charts to see how our consumption is compared to previous months and similar months in previous years. 

I needed check the figures again this last week, only to find that there was no readings on the line for October, and of course I didn't have them written down anywhere! Fail.... 

I redid the readings but on a different date to normal, the spreadsheet was amended to allow for the different date. 

I then sat down and created this simple page for my A5 organiser, so I will have a paper record of the monthly readings in future! Problem hopefully solved...as long as I remember to write it in as well!!

This is the simple insert I came up with. Comment below if you would like me to make this available for others. 



 

1 comment:

  1. This is a great idea Steve, I would to have something like this especially in these expensive times!

    ReplyDelete