23 December 2022

Free For All Friday - No. 737 by Steve

Christmas is almost here.....

I would have liked to have done a meet up before the end of the year, but in the last few months planning anything involving public transport, especially trains has been fraught with issues with strikes and cancellations. Let us hope for better luck in 2023!

All of the Philofaxy team would like to wish you and your families all the best wishes for Christmas and the New Year. Take care and stay safe.... 

And as it is Friday... Please feel free to discuss anything Filofax related. 

5 comments:

  1. I've had some time on my hands recently and been searching the old memory banks and surprised myself by unlocking a memory of what influenced me to get my original Winchester in 1988. My old Creative Director mentor, an ex hippie had a black Winchester and I now remember him meticulously writing into it. Do you remember your influences?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great memory!

      When I was a kid, my parents had a lovely accountant that used to visit them & he's always spend some time with me once they were done. Mum would tell him off as she said that he'd ruin his nice suit sitting on the floor with me & I remember us drawing pictures in his leather book (well-loved black Winchester, I think) sometimes.

      Delete
    2. My influence is not Filofax-specific. My mother loved paper, and so do I. So here we are. Merry Christmas, everyone!

      Delete
  2. In the late 60s mli was prepared for confirmation by one of the church's two curates who had a slim brown leather Filofax, very well worn. He explained the original use of the binders in the military. I remember even tthen being very impressed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really cool that he knew about the military origins. I recently got a big kick out of discovering the scans of the earliest Lefax title pages here on Philofaxy. Imagine my surprise when I saw that they were saying, "the brain is for creating-- not remembering," a good 50 years before GTD came along!

      Delete