30 December 2022

Free For All Friday - No. 738 by Anita

After a busy number of months at work, I'm very grateful to be on annual leave this week and then back on the 4th January. In preparation for the new year, I normally set time aside now with my Filofax to:
  • Remove all contents
  • Clean with a damp cloth
  • Polish with Lord Sheraton leather balsam
  • Choose a different dashboard and dividers
  • Choose a different set up, if needed - I will be changing back to my GTD based set up
  • Choose some different pens, if I fancy a change 
  • Process all notes and brain dumps from my inbox (first section)
  • Update my to do lists
  • Update my projects list and notes
  • Update my A to Z section - remove any unwanted sheets and update projects and/or to dos from this section
  • Add more spare paper to my inbox
  • Have a think about what has been working well or needs to be tweaked. 

Have you done, or are going to do, something similar to get ready for 2023? 

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related.
I hope that you have a great weekend and wishing you a happy New Year from all of us at Philofaxy.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Anita. Interesting to hear you're going back to your GTD based setup. I've made a similar decision myself (somewhat at the last minute). Will that be in Personal size? How will you handle the sections? As I'm still (sometimes reluctantly) in A5 I can use 2 x 6 part self-labelled dividers. Do elaborate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The time I usually set aside betwixt Christmas and the New Year vanished in a cloud of client deadlines! But I am on it today and this weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to do something like this next week because this one's been too busy. I also need to draw in little icons for bin collection days, including garden waste, my way of making a dull chore a bit more fun (i'm not into stickers, because I'm a miser :) and they also bulk the pages out)..

    ReplyDelete