10 February 2023

Free for All Friday No. 744 by Nan

How do you organize projects? 

Do you do everything on your daily diary pages? Or do you use divider tabs to store individual project or topic notes? Or do keep project materials outside of your organizer entirely? 

There are so many options! Currently, I have tabs devoted to the major areas of my life, and each project in that area gets its own page(s). 

And as always on Fridays, feel free to ask or discuss anything related to ring-bound organizers!

6 comments:

  1. I have dividers to separate diary, notes, projects, and things in my A5 Filofax, but I also have a mini which I carry around, and use as a wallet. The mini also has dividers, but for appointments, To Does, things I need to remember, for the next 3 months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really interesting. I am trying to set up something like this right now - a tab for some major life areas, and for some major projects.
    How are next actions captured using this setup? Do they stay behind each tab, or get brought forward to an overall next actions list?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep next actions with the project, except when I'm waiting for something/someone to get back, and then I still keep in project, but duplicate it to a waiting list.

      Delete
    2. Hi Gerard! Remember the old TMI Goals-Key Areas-Tasks-Activities arranged on a model if trunk-branches-twigs? I think that still works..........

      Great to see you and I hope you're well

      Delete
    3. Hi David, all well here thanks, and I hope likewise with you. Thanks for the reminder of TMI approach - it’s not something I’ve used before, but I do have the old manual, so will take a look.

      Delete
  3. Thanks, Robert G. Hopefully we might also hear a bit more from Nan?

    ReplyDelete