27 May 2024

Filofax Personalised Inserts - A potential quality control issue

There has been a lot of discussion about the new Filofax Inserts with the QR codes included for every day.

After a lot people complained, Filofax offered a solution, if you didn't want QR codes on each day. You could order one of their Personalised Diary Inserts and tick the option to not have QR codes. 

One of our readers Kerry in the USA did exactly this, she ordered a diary insert without QR codes, but this is what arrived: 



Look closely at the images above. No QR codes, but what has happened with not only page size but more importantly the hole alignment? 

The page looks like it is 1-2 mm taller which shouldn't be too much of an issue, but the miss alignment of the hole spacing with the central gap (holes 3 to 4) being wider than it should be is a major issue. Kerri tells me in an email that the pages will not go on to the rings of any Filofax she has. 

I have advised her to contact Filofax Customer Service to get a replacement or a refund. 

Has anyone else had this issue? 

If you are commenting below, please include your first name at the end of the comment. Thank you. 

13 comments:

  1. Hi, Pamalison here. I'm currently using a personal size day-per-page Filofax personalised insert in my Holborn and I don't have this problem. I'm in the UK and I ordered the insert last year when Filofax first announced the personalised inserts. If it's more than a mishap, this hole misalignment is a concern given that the personalised inserts are the only way to avoid the dreaded QR codes on your diary pages.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve been having a lot of problems lately with the hole size and placement on non-customised FF inserts. In many packs the holes are ‘off’ so that they’ll barely if at all stretch onto the rings and won’t turn smoothly. It is VERY annoying and I’ve had it on at least 3 separate packs of different inserts :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I experienced that, too. They lately seem to focus to much on black dots and less on punched holes ;-)

      Delete
    2. I would definitely notify Filofax about that. Their hole punch should be the fixed standard size, I don't understand why it would be off. New equipment that's not calibrated correctly?

      Delete
  3. Why don't people want the QR codes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because they take up valuable writing space. I don't use the app, so the codes are of no use to me.

      Delete
    2. I don’t get the point of this app. Why shouldn‘t I just use a digital calendar or reminder app if I would want to? Is it for semi-digitals?

      Delete
  4. I have my 2025 personal size week on one page diary without QR codes safely tucked away for next year. Neil on Flatability (YouTube) mentioned Filofax were also selling some formats without the codes so I ordered one straightaway in case supplies were limited.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is disconcerting because I was just about to order my 2025 inserts and I was going to personalize them (no barcode), but now I think I’ll wait. I’ve not had any alignment issues with their non-personalized inserts so far…I hope they get this sorted!!
    ~Yvonne Martin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holes also look bigger. At least the hole margin looks correct. Does make you wonder exactly how these are being produced; some clever automated print processing, or subbed out to cottage industry... Kevin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm hoping they drop the QR codes.
    It's ridiculous you have to pay more NOT to have them.
    I hope the person gets them replaced.
    Are others having problems with their personalised inserts?

    ReplyDelete
  8. The customisation seems reserved to UK or USA.
    In France, we will have QRcode for 2025 but no option to get rid of them for now !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm in the UK and emailed Filofax to ask if there would be any QR code free options here. I was told no for pre-printed, but that I could (pay twice as much to) buy the personalised inserts without QR codes.

    While I applaud Filofax for offering personalised inserts for many reasons (choice of options, on-demand instead of mass-printing reduces waste, etc) I have to admit I felt a bit brushed off by their reply.

    And now to see the pages are not uniform size and the holes are wrong, makes me wonder just what is going on at Filofax.

    ReplyDelete