I have recently started 2 new blogs called Printed Portal and Planning with Printed Portal. For all you Filofax lovers planning with Printed Portal contains all my filo ramblings while printed portal is focused on organisational notebooks.
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
As a kid I had all of the funfax range (they are probably still knocking around in my parents attic somewhere). My first "adult" purchase was a pink personal sized Metropol which I bought last November.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have toyed with purchasing a paperchase own brand binder, as some of the patterns are so pretty, but I have yet to make the plunge.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I love them all, but my current favourite it my personal cross in chocolate. It is providing much amusement as I am still perfecting my set-up.
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
I own 5. Two personal metropols (one in pink, one in lavender), personal cross in chocolate, personal London 2012 sporting icons and Malden mini (vintage pink).
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
I have a different set-up in each of my Filofaxes.
- Personal metropol (lavender): this is my diary (wo2p inserts) and contains my after work schedule notebook and to-do list.
- Personal metropol (pink): this contains my lists and key information. I am still working on turning this into a proper stay at home fax as my bag can't take it anymore.
- Personal Cross: this is my blog/notebook filofax. It contains a planner, ideas list, blog post info/drafts and time recording among other things - I am still perfecting/experimenting with this set-up.
- Mini Malden: this is my wallet and financial Filofax.
- London 2012: my Filofax lists 365/30.
I can personalise my pages to suit my needs and the fact that I can add and remove pages - and most importantly - experiment.
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
A larger pouch/pockets for notebooks - I already comfortable carry a6 and pocket sized notebooks in my personals but it would be nice to slot them in securely/neatly.
Other than that I am more about customising my inserts rather than the binder.
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
The mini malden, both personal metropols and personal cross currently get carried about in my bag. Yes - it is heavy.
I am looking to change my pink metropol into a complete stay at home fax (the two metropols used to be one binder before I ran out of space) and/or get a slimline for my diary...
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I am currently eyeing up a Cuban slimline (currently in the sale at WH Smiths) Although I would happily purchase a Filofax personal Classic in Pink or Holborn in Wine.
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
The most expensive was my mini Malden which I bought from City Organiser. Can't remember now how much I paid for it.
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
Everything: it is a great community and I love the way everyone shares tips and ideas.
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Nothing not to like - other than the fact I have time blocked out in my schedule for web finds and general catching up with Philofaxy.
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
I don't listen to a lot of music, I tend to enjoy the radio more. I have currently stolen my partners "take that progress" cd for the car to listen to when the radio is boring.
Thank you Coralie for agreeing to go under our spot light.
If you would like to to be a future 'Reader Under The Spotlight' please get in touch with us at philofaxy [at] gmail [dot] com