I live in Peterborough with my husband and two children Summer 4 and Bubba 3, they both have their own planners Summer has a personal pink Apex and Bubba a blue Moleskin notepad. We gather on a Saturday morning and decorate our pages over breakfast.
I’m a Conference Receptionist and have a small paper craft business making Paper Flowers.
I have used a diary my whole working life and have always had a thing for pens, inherited from my dad who has a great collection.
My IG account with all my planner pics is http://instagram.com/filofabulouss
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I have always used diary’s and the year of my first bonus in 2008 I purchased a personal Siena in Cinnamon. I had been eyeing her up for a few months and she is still today something I look at with pride.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have used Franklin Coveys, Kikki.k, Kate Spade, Erin Condren Life Planner, Day Timers and a few novelty planners such as Marvel Comics, Timberland and an Aristocats Disney planner. Im currently trying a travelers notebook style planner with DIYFish inserts for 2015.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My all-time favourite will always be my Siena closely followed by my Personal Vintage Pink Malden and Green Kate Spade Wellesley Zip.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I own 60 organisers all together.
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
My Siena although I am on the lookout for a Red Portland.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I use 3 on a daily basis. A personal for my daily diary, apps and family related tasks, an A5 for work and another A5 for my little paper craft business.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I like that you can personalize them and add to them, my dad always refers to the new laptop advert where one girl has a planner the other a laptop and he jokes I should ‘get with the times’ but I love the written form, I spend a lot of time watching setup videos and browsing IG and Pinterest admiring peoples layouts and it just makes me happy.
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
- Bigger rings
- The option to easily switch out rings between silver/gold/colour
- A Divider with a pen loop – like in the flex so you could move it about.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
I throw it in my handbag – Every planner I use takes a good old battering, non are treated any different. If it can’t survive that I’m not interested.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
The Originals – I have most of them and the last one I purchased was the Gold but she had bad rings and had to be returned, unfortunately they were out of stock so she was never replaced. She is on my Wish List.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
My Siena was not cheap but I cannot remember how much I paid for her. Recently I spent £90 for an Aqua Personal Malden, a planner I had wanted for a fair while.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Make it your own – I see many people saying I want mine set up like this persons or that persons but to be honest your planner has to work for you and you only. Also never forget the point of it, it’s to keep you organised as soon as it’s not doing that for you start again.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I like that everytime I have a look through it I find a new article/blog or snippet of information. The detail that goes into Philofaxy is amazing. I can always find something new to read or browse.
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Nothing that I can think of.
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
George Ezra’s new Album
16. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
No but I attended a planner meet up recently through a facebook group and we had great fun, it was only four of us and I now have made local planner friends to geek out with. I would love to attend a Philofaxy one.
17. What was the last movie you watched?
War of The Worlds (Tom Cruise Version for the 100th time) I have a thing for apocalyptic films.
18. What was the last book you read?
Lisey’s Story by Stephen King
19. George Clooney or Brad Pitt?
Ryan Gosling J
Thank you Sarah. As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com