When they haven't come fitted with Krause rings I've fitted them myself. It is a relatively easy job to do. With the right tools and the skills it only takes a few minutes to swap out the old rings and install the new ones.
I did this video a while ago which shows the essential things you need to know about changing rings.
Until recently obtaining Krause rings wasn't a simple task... all that has changed though.
Van der Spek have now made the Krause rings available to order on their web shop. All Van der Spek organisers come fitted with Krause rings including their excellent 'Touch Me' range. You will find
Krause rings in the Accessories section of the Van der Spek website here
Petra has supplied this useful photo of the rear side of each mechanism so you can compare them to the ones you already have to make sure they will fit your organiser.
Points worth noting as follows:
- The 'Mini' rings are not the same ring spacing as a Filofax Mini.
- Junior is the same as Filofax Pocket and Gillio Pocket (same spacing as well).
- Please note that the 20mm pocket rings are not interchangeable with the 16 mm pocket rings, the mounting points are a different distance apart. Therefore to use the 20 mm rings the internal mounting plate would need to be changed as well.
- Senior is the same as Mulberry Agenda and used for A6 organisers including the Gillio A6.
- Standard is the same as Filofax Personal and Gillio Medium
- A5 is the same as Filofax/Gillio A5, but note the three mounting points with the latch in the middle. Older A5's had only 2 mounting points not three as in this design.
Thank you to Petra Van der Spek for the photographs and for making the rings available on their web site.
For details of the full range of Van der Spek products see their site.