21 February 2016

Readers Favourite Organiser - Joan

Thank you to Joan  for sharing with us her favourite organiser. 

1. What is your favourite organiser (Make/model/size)?

Currently, my favorite organizer is the Filofax A5 size. I have tried using Franklin Covey's Compact size - a bit shorter and wider than the Filofax personal, and how I would love to be able to use it and carry it everywhere - but I keep going back to the larger size page.

So for now: Filofax, Domino A5 size, Daily pages (have the weekly insert for 2016, but will supplement with FC daily pages for now - I detest wasting money).  What I have done is ordered a set of 2016 Month on Two Pages so that the monthly tabs will be more visible.

I also have some tabs from Time System http://www.timesystem.us. Their A5 planner pages and tabs fit perfectly into a Filofax binder. I go to a number of professional and personal meetings and really appreciate having the ability to keep that information at hand.

2. How long have you owned it? 

This particular model, I've only had for a few weeks, but I am really liking it. I have used Franklin Covey's Classic (similar to the A5, but a wee bit narrower) and DayTimer's Desk size for years - decades really.  Both use seven evenly spaced holes rather than the three/space/three configuration with Filofax and Time System.

3. What is it that you like about it so much?

I love the pink:), I love adding visual effects that make planning fun and cause me to get started right away, providing a bit of an antidote to procrastination. I love having enough space to keep information accessible. I keep a backup calendar online; in fact I'm more or less required to do so, but there's nothing like the link my brain makes between writing things out and truly experiencing and remember them. I love that I can personalize it in so many ways.
Most important for me is that I keep my professional and personal life together as one organic whole, while maintaining the appropriate boundaries and privacy that my clients have a right to expect.

4. Do you use it all the time?

Yes, indeed! Some days more than others, but I use it daily.

5. Do you think the design could be improved in any way? How?

The weekly design could be improved by separating each week with note pages - to allow for weekly notes and todos and to make dividing them monthly a lot easier. Have not started the Filofax daily inserts yet and I have had a good look at some of the other weekly models and may be giving them a try to see what works best for me.

Right now I am fairly pleased with what I have.  However, I know that I need to change things up every so often and I appreciate that this setup allows me to do that almost seamlessly!

And here are some photographs of my favourite organiser











Thank you Joan

If you would like to share with us the details of your favourite organiser, please contact steve @ philofaxy dot com 

No comments:

Post a Comment