15 June 2016

Filofax Inserts

It isn't often I get to see Filofax goods in retail stores, especially here in France! The most recent encounter was in Nias in Brussels, but I don't recall seeing these diary inserts.

So it was a nice surprise that Filofax UK sent me these samples of their new Illustrated Diary Packs. As you can see there are three designs to choose from in Personal and A5 sizes.

Here are the cover sheets for all three which describe in detail the contents of each diary pack.


This is the 'Stripes' design. All designs follow the same 'Week on Two pages' design for the diary section. With the colours used on the pages changing each month on the Stripes and Floral editions.


This is the 'Geometric' design. In common with the others you will note that it is multi-language but English is the most prominent language shown on each page.


This is the 'Floral' design and it is very similar to the limited edition Illustrated Diary Pack that was sold in 2015/6 in Personal size only.


Each design also comes with lined pages and plain pages as well as these to-do and notes pages.


And at last I can hear you say... Tabbed Monthly pages. These have the month on one page and a design on the reverse side, as a single sheet per month you can insert these in between your weekly pages should you so wish to do so.

This is the 'Stripes' design.


The Geometric monthly pages, each design incorporates a Notes and To Do area at the foot of each monthly page.


And lastly the 'Floral' design.


The diary packs are also available in all three designs in A5 size as well. This is the cover sheet for the Geometric design.


The week on two pages diary in A5 size is similar to the personal size design. Again it is multi language and has week numbers too.


The Monthly pages on the A5 packs obviously give you a lot more page space to write in each of the boxes.


All the diary packs are printed on 80gsm paper with the tabs on the monthly pages being 120 gsm paper.

Thank you to Filofax for supplying these samples.

They are now for sale on the Filofax website.



17 comments:

  1. Hi Steve,
    Thanx for the look,Filofax seemed to have come into the 21st Century.They really are trying to gain a bit of the market back. Good Luck to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve,
    Thanx for the look,Filofax seemed to have come into the 21st Century.They really are trying to gain a bit of the market back. Good Luck to them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are cute! They remind me of Day Timer,Franklin Covey or Life is Crafted. I wonder if the background design could be a bit distracting? What is the paper quality like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! As soon as I saw I thought of Life is Crafted, which I use for My Personal VDS. These seem a bit too bright for me.

      Delete
    2. Kate, would you like to test drive a set?

      Delete
  4. I wish they did a more...muted selection as well. They are lovely but a bit floral/busy/colourful for me (and i imagine for most menfolk)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, hard to find your appointments in the geometrical and floral ones...very distracting.

      Delete
  5. ....and not available on the USA site. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. : cute! but i hope there's also a do2p for pocket & minis. ^_^


    http://momithinz0131.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is nice that the monthly dividers can be placed between the pages. I have not used that format or configuration of days in a long time. On my weekly insert that I designed for my Franklin pocket binder there is no week with six days of previous month and one day of the current month. It is relevant when Sunday is the first day of the month and the week begins on Monday. In May I did not contend with the last days of April on the first week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a big step forward for Filofax. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are great, is the paper any good though and does it have any problems with certain pens? I definitely need these in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look promising, although I'd just be happy if they updated the paper quality on the standard inserts too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are definitely a step up from the other layouts (equal space for weekend days, yay!!), hopefully they'll be available down here in NZ.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the look of these Steve and am delighted that they have them in A5 which is my preferred size. What is the paper quality like? Does it bleed through? I really like the stripes one. They only have 2017 ones on the site - wish they had some 2016 left to try out - or just a similar design with lines in the standard ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison
      They only did one design for 2016 they have expanded them for 2017. The paper quality isn't brilliant. I no longer have the inserts they have gone to new homes.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the info Steve - I never even noticed them for 2016! Shame if the paper quality is poor, but I like the layout. It will be interesting to see how popular they are. Hopefully those who are using them will review them for us ;-)

      Delete