29 October 2020

Two organisers I had almost forgotten about!

Are there any organisers that you had thoughts about buying, but then something else comes along and you buy that instead? Then they may be change the design, so you never buy one or you never see one that you like? 

All #FirstWorldProblems I know! but sometimes you eventually manage to fulfil you desire to own one. 


In the last few weeks I've filled in two of my 'Wanted one day' gaps in my organiser collection. 

The first was the Filofax Kensington. I know there are several people who are fans of this model including Anita. It has sort of slid past me until recently. This one I got from Alan in Canada, who kindly donated it to me and I gave a donation to Chimwemwe. Thank you Alan.



Back in about 2012/13 I became aware of the Mulberry Agenda, whilst looking for other brands of organisers to blog about. At first I couldn't work out what the ring spacing was. I ended up working it out from a screenshot and by estimation! Crude but effective.

Realising this was a bit different and was in fact A6 size I thought about purchasing one. For several reasons I didn't order one. The prices of new ones seemed to vary quite a bit. The price in UK compared to France seemed to be more than just the difference in the exchange rate, which put me off I suppose. 

Then whilst I was pontificating about what to do, along came Gillio and then Van der Spek in to my field of vision and the Mulberry purchase got pushed out of my mind for a while. 

By the time I started to think about it again Mulberry had changed their design and had started to use their 'Postman's Lock' type clasp, which I wasn't so keen on. Likewise they had moved away from 'traditional' coloured leathers to more 'fashionable' colours! 

Move forward to a couple of weeks ago when one of our readers sent in an advert for Adspot... and there it was.... a black Mulberry in excellent used condition from a few years ago. The advert never got on to the page, my response was 'How much for shipping to France?' 

The deal was done within an hour and the item was posted to me later that day!! Such is the danger of maintaining the Adspot page!



The inserts are very high quality. 


Krause 23 mm rings are fitted to this Mulberry Agenda. 



I love the simplicity of the design of the Mulberry. The covers do have some stiffener in-between the inner and outer leather, but that means it is easy to write in when there isn't a flat surface to hand. It has a decent selection of pockets in the front and back covers. 

I gave it a little TLC in the form of some beeswax leather conditioner and the lustre and shine in the leather was restored fully. 


4 comments:

  1. Hi Steve, those are lovely planners. I have recently acquired a personal Kensington in red. The leather is really nice and the pocket configuration suits me well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you will fall in love with Kensington! Anita promotes them well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you! ;-) I also have a Kensington which I love - I have tried A6 but it did not "spark joy". The Kensigton does...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Franz, I'm super pleased with both of these recent editions. I've been using the Mulberry as my every day notebook to carry around and my way of keeping my brain in order!!

      Delete