23 October 2020

Free For All Friday - No. 624 by Steve

Snow in Pembury Winter 2009

Working from home used to be reserved to bad weather days when snow or fallen trees used to block access to the site I worked on, which was situated on top of the North Downs of Kent. You could get to the access road to the site but from then on it would be difficult to access the site. 

I used to keep my site phone book in my A5 Filofax specifically for days like that. I would be able to work from home with some of my notes. But it was fairly restrictive without access to work networks etc. So days like that would be restricted to self training type activities...

Roll forward over 10 years and there are an awful lot more of us 'Working from Home' How has your Filofax adapted to this new 'normal'??

Of course it is Friday so please feel free to discuss anything ring bound organiser related. 

2 comments:

  1. Before I began working from home, I used a two-planner system. I used the Day-Timer 2-Page-Per-Day Planner Refill in Folio Size (8 ½” x 11”) for keeping track of billing on client projects, and for tracking work to be done in the future. I kept the pages in a U.S. standard 3-ring binder. I would leave the binder at my office. I used a Filofax Personal size with Day-Timer 2-Page-Per-Day inserts for tracking my personal To-Do lists, my schedule, and notes. I carried the Filofax Personal with me everywhere. When I started working from home, there simply wasn’t room for the Folio Size planner to be open on my desk all the time like I needed. After struggling with it for a bit, I changed sizes and moved everything into a Filofax A5. I have space on my desk to keep my A5 open and within easy reach.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holborn A5 is what I use now that I don’t have to physically move between meetings all day.. it has helped me take more notes on paper which just helps things stick and helps me process things as I do it.

    The irony is I used to worry about taking notes on computer and breaking eye contact while I did it. Now I’m staring straight at the screen to talk to people and having to look away to take notes!

    ReplyDelete