26 March 2021

Free For All Friday - No. 646 by Anita

Whilst seeking inspiration for today's post, I discovered that 26th March is Purple Day: - 
'Purple Day is an international grassroots effort dedicated to increasing awareness about epilepsy worldwide. On March 26th annually, people in countries around the world are invited to wear purple and host events in support of epilepsy awareness. Last year, people in more than 85 countries on all continents participated in Purple Day! Canada is the only country in the world who officially recognizes March 26th as Purple Day through the Purple Day Act implemented on June 28, 2012'.

Filofaxes are an ideal way to keep medical information together, so I thought that I would share this information as I'm sure that we have some readers that have been diagnosed with epilepsy. I've certainly found that my Filofax has been indispensable when attending medical appointments with my Mum, as personal size is so handy to have in my hand ready for when we see the doctor.

Have you needed to update any medical information in your Filofax due to the COVID pandemic? 

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related. I hope that you have a great weekend. 

6 comments:

  1. I'm interested to see that you are considering what information could go into our planners. It's easy, with such attractive products, to forget about that practical side!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anthea.
      Your comment furthers my thoughts from a few weeks ago, that the contents of our planners are far more important to us than the actual organiser we store the pages in....

      The organiser is relatively easy to replace.... the pages with the details on them, not so easy to replace.

      I've seen videos and blog posts of the detailed records that people keep on a daily basis in their planners, the details help their doctors with diagnosis and prescribing drugs etc. Instead of just being able to see the person for a short appointment and carry out measurements etc, if you go in with detailed records of say blood pressure or similar, taken over a few days/weeks the Doctor I'm sure can make a more accurate assessment of your condition etc.

      Stay safe
      Steve

      Delete
  2. Does anyone know if there is a set of tabbed monthly dated dividers in Filofax Personal size, month across a two 'page' spread, available anywhere in the world? So far as I know this has never been a thing in the UK, but you never know......

    I'm thinking of something Franklin Covey style......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi David
      Amazon USA I would think would be your best bet for the FC items, but beware that they are 13mm wider than normal Personal size at 108mm wide, plus tabs as well.

      Or may be someone on ETSY might sell something similar. But be aware of the location of their shop for shipping and taxes etc.

      Not tabbed but we have something similar on our diary inserts page:
      https://philofaxy.blogspot.com/p/diary-inserts.html if you printed them on heavy weight A4 you could add some stick on Avery Tabs or similar. https://amzn.to/31qsPvD
      Steve

      Delete
    2. Thanks Steve. I can get the FC size or even Daytimer, but am looking for something genuinely Filofax size and without, as you say, the extra width. I'll keep looking!

      Delete
    3. It might not be perfect, but you could buy Filofax tabbed dividers and print monthly pages onto Personal size paper (or regular size paper, and trim to size). This is what I do. I print monthly pages so the back sides are blank, which allows me to put tabs and other pages between the months. I use the Philofaxy free printable Month On Two Pages, available in the Diaries tab at the top of the Philofax website page. I hope this helps!

      Delete