01 April 2022

Free For All Friday No 699 by Laurie

Recently I was going through my stash of Filofax insert pages and accessories and came across a small bag I use to store personal size pages. (I used a personal size Filofax for many years, and even though I'm not currently using that size I kept all my undated notes pages and accessories for a future time when I might go back to that size.)

The bag is from Lane's Luggage in Washington DC, which I think has since closed. It was my favorite place to buy Filofax inserts when I lived in DC. It was only a couple of blocks from where I worked, so it was easy to visit on my lunch hour or on my way home. I loved perusing the selection of diary pages, notes inserts, maps, and accessories. They also had fountain pens and other stationery items in addition to luggage. 

The bag of theirs that I kept happens to be the perfect size to hold personal size pages. The logo on the bag is a fun reminder of the days when I used to enjoy shopping in their store.

Sadly, not many stores carry Filofax pages and accessories anymore. Even though the online selection is good, shopping online can't replicate the thrill of discovering new Filofax inserts in person.

Where is or was your favorite place to shop for Filofax inserts or accessories?

And as always on Fridays, feel free to ask and/or discuss anything ring binder organiser related!

4 comments:

  1. I only had whsmiths. Nowhere else sold them. Now even smiths has reduced variety to basically lined paper, two or three dated diary formats and very little else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mainly bought inserts in WHSmith and still do on occasion. Also Paperchase who of course sold Filofax and had their own range…sadly all gone now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just about the only place I look in these days is John Lewis in Oxford Street in London. So many other stores no longer exist or they don't stock many inserts or organisers. I hit on a nice bargain Filofax Heritage the last time I visited... half price!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Used to be Wood the Stationers in Bath, now sadly closed for some years. When I'm in London, John Lewis since the demise of Paperchase in Tottenham Court Road (and everywhere else). There is a small retailer, Midwest Stationers in Sherborne, and another, Stationery House in Somerton, each of whom carry a moderate selection but can get anything I want, so I like to use those ere they go the same way......

    ReplyDelete