15 April 2022

Free For All Friday - No 701 by Steve

Using an organiser put me in touch with a distant relative this week, someone I hadn't heard from in half a century or more!

Let me explain.... Although I don't have any brothers or sisters, both my parents came from large families. Looking at our family tree I have lots of cousins and relatives spread around. 

Some of them I've managed to keep in contact with via Friends Reunited and more recently via Facebook or Email. However, when you haven't heard from someone in 50 years or more how do you find their contact details. 

Well my distant cousin found me via Philofaxy! With some help from Mr Google the Search Engine I suspect! 

We have been catching up with each others lives via Email! Thank you Philofaxy!

What remarkable things have happened to you this week? Of course you can discuss anything Filofax related. Have a good weekend.  

3 comments:

  1. The most remarkable thing this week for me has been agreeing for a Ukrainian family to come to live with us for a few months here in Yorkshire, UK. We’ve talked with several families already and everything is jotted down in my organiser. Next stage is securing their visas and dealing with the paperwork for travel. Hopefully, a place of peace and safety can be theirs within a week or two.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's brilliant Tim, I hope they are able to secure visas quickly and move to a place of safety and get their lives back to normal quickly.

      Delete
  2. Wonderful news for you both, Steve & Tim.

    Not quite as impressive, but something that I enjoyed this week...
    Whilst working yesterday (at my desk that overlooks our garden), I noticed some movement through the small gap between my two screens & it was a wren on the outside shelving, which was looking right at me!

    ReplyDelete