28 April 2022

London Meet Up - April 2022

Last Saturday we held another meet up in London. There was only four of us on the day, but I think we all enjoyed the time together, catching up and swapping information.

I don’t think UK has fully recovered from COVID yet, listen to the government and they will tell you it’s all over, get on with your life. But in reality it’s still with us to a lesser degree. Therefore it wasn’t a shock to me that on the day of the meet up we had a couple of people cancel because they had a positive test the day before or on the morning of the meet up. 

The restaurant wasn’t as crowded as in previous years. They are also still doing their ordering via a website from your table which doesn’t always work for everyone. I would much prefer it if they would go back to their old ‘smart card’ system that just worked so easily. 

I’m going to make enquires with the company to see if this table service ordering system is going to be here to stay or not.  

Should we look at alternatives? Does anyone know of a restaurant chain in London that has an ordering system that lets people order their own things and only pay for what they ordered? Splitting large bills is not something I want to go back to!

Places to go shopping even in central London have reduced in the last year. The large Paperchase in Tottenham Court Road, has closed. John Lewis still stock Filofax organisers and inserts, but the choice is a little limited. 

Thank you to everyone who supported this event. I enjoy them every time. 

I am hoping to be back in UK later this year once my family have moved house, so if you missed this one, look out for announcements later this year. 

L-R: Emma, Paula, Steve, Ray


1 comment:

  1. Hi Steve, I am so sorry I could not make it due to a positive lateral flow, really bad luck. I hope you all had a great time. Hopefully it will work out to meet you all later in the year! Britta

    ReplyDelete