22 April 2022

Free For All Friday - No. 702 by Anita

Whilst reading this article by David Allen, it started me thinking about where I am currently with regards to using my Filofaxes. 

Due to recovering from carer burnout, I haven't yet done my planned clear out of my Kensington and I'm also not using my A5 Original as much for work. 

So, I think that it's time for me to sit down and consider my current reality and the simplest way for me to move forward to where I want to be with how I use them both. I guess that this post is me starting to think about this process, so I will be writing a follow up post when I decide. The good news is that all the important stuff is getting done, so it's more about catching up on any backlog, fine-tuning and tidying up. 

What is your current reality with regards to your set up, and have you been thinking about what next step you need to take to make any changes?

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related.
I hope that you have a good weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Your catching up post made me think about what I'm doing with my filofax, metropolitan in black personal size. I've never been able to fully embrace it so it's basically just a bulky diary for dates I need to remember and a messy set of notes relating to the numerous online passwords needed for a modern life. Those would need a week to work out. I figure if I can't easily work out what those scribbles mean / are for then nobody else stands a chance. My added layer of encryption!

    I need to change my habits but since I work with a notebook bullet journal at work I don't feel busy enough to use the filofax fully outside of work. I need to integrate work and home somehow.

    I also think personal isn't a good size. Too small for work and perhaps too big or wrong shape for home use. For me that is not anyone else.

    So in my review I need to work out what I need. A5 filofax for home and work use or pocket for home use? Also, my workplace isn't exactly great for nice things. Anything nice like a filofax will get trashed.

    I guess every FF user has their own decisions to make about organisation. It probably helps having a range of tools to choose from. Does that mean a filofax purchase is needed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a post in the filofax subreddit about a deskfax bought for $1.50!

    I've directed the OP to this forum and the post on date codes. I hope that's OK.i referenced this site and Steve as a knowledgeable person on filofaxes. I hope that's OK too. Not sure of forum protocol for referencing philofaxy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I but given a zipped, black and leather filofax about 1990. It has pocket infills but they look a lot smaller. It's 17cm x 11cm x 1.9cm.

    Inside it has two, vertical slip pockets in leather on the left and one on right. Lining is a matt black, herringbone fabric. There's a pen loop on the right. 6 rings evenly spaced like pocket.

    Outside the back panel extends to a strip covering 1/4 of the front panel, widest in the middle. Curved corners with the outer stitched in with the fabric of the zip. I'm told it smells like leather but not having a good sense of smell it just looks leatherette to me.

    Anyone know what model it could be as there is nothing like it now? Was there a filofax size between pocket and personal? I can't post pictures on here so I hope my description is good enough. I'm only interested as I'm thinking of how to use it and I'm interested in what it is. I think it's a 18th birthday present that I never really used but really liked.

    ReplyDelete