21 July 2023

Free For All Friday No 767 by Laurie

I'm currently about halfway through a two-month stay in a different country. Coming here I had to pack light because I only had carry on bags, so I brought minimal planner supplies.

Now, I am missing my big Filofax, my planner supplies, and the ability to print pages to play around with. As I do when I'm out of my usual scheduled life, I'm thinking about ways to change and tweak my system. I'm itching to print some pages to try out, move things around in my binder, experiment and play with my system to see what works. The beauty is, if it doesn't work, I can change it back immediately.

We'll see if I actually do any of this. When I get home next month I'll be immediately thrown back into my busy schedule, and I might decide I don't have the time or energy to overhaul my system.

Do you ever come up with ways to change your system but then don't actually do them?

As always on Fridays, feel free to ask and/or discuss anything Filofax related!

Here's the Filofax I'm missing, my big and beautiful A5 Kendal:



7 comments:

  1. I’m always brain dumping ideas from other peoples setups to try, sometimes I get round to it but most of the time I’m just too busy. It would be easier if I could print fc compact straight from my phone because I find switching the laptop and printer on to be a bit of an effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a dot grid notebook and draw out ideas for new pages. I add notes to see if its working or not. I'm in an A6 at the moment but have got some FC compact pages to try in it.also a new 2 days to a page diary as I'm not using a daily page as much as i used to. Always trying new things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my show each month. I blame it to ADHD. I keep reading and watching youtubes to gain ideas. I would love to have planner peace and utilizing and sticking with habits. I know I’m not giving you a solution, I wanted to let you know, I get it.

    Your Filofax is a beauty. I use a Malden personal. I am trying to use it for daily to do’s, weekly and monthly calendars. The rest tabs are for resources 1) someday maybe 2) project list 3) financial references 4) inspirational stuff (I put favorite quotes, manifesting habits, prayers, etc)

    ReplyDelete
  4. A call for help please!!! Was dismayed to see the ring mechanism has come away completely from my trusted A5 Balmoral. Is there any credible repair facility in Glasgow area or online? Grateful for any advice you could offer. Thanks. Raaj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Er..sorry folks. After getting over my initial panic and horror and carefully inspecting the cover and mechanism... I was able to reattach. Phew! Never had that happen to multiple binders over last 30 odd years! Will reward myself witha wee dram tonight to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. L'chaim! (And I'm glad it worked out for you. )

      Delete
    2. Very glad to hear that you have been able to fix it!

      Delete