28 July 2023

Free for All Friday No. 768 by Nan

We have a saying here in the U.S., "Go big or go home." Well, I've started to feel that way about my organizer, and I'm currently using a U.S. letter-size binder! It's the largest and most common paper size where I live, which means I can punch and insert all kinds of business documents as needed. Also, in terms of archiving, I'm hoping that being able to write more on each page will let me keep an entire year in a thinner, if larger, storage binder. Over the years, Filofax has offered a host of larger-format organizers, A5 being the most popular. There are a few A4 models (the biggest), and the original 9-hole Deskfax (250mm x 176mm) can still be had. Interestingly, Deskfax is almost the same size as 7.5" x 10", which used to be a popular size in the U.S. Until the 1980s, it was the standard for government documents, and it's still used for school notebooks. What size are you currently using. Are you leaning toward sizing up or sizing down? As always on Friday, feel free to discuss any other organizer topics as well!

1 comment:

  1. My knowledge about Filofax start from getting the Finsbury pocket organiser. It was amazing little thing, but absolutely not practical even for wallet. Since then I used all possible formats and stopped on A5 Malden. Just because it is really ideal...

    ReplyDelete