28 September 2023

Philofaxy Meet Up - London - 23rd September 2023

We held another meet up in London last Saturday that was very enjoyable. 

If you have not been to a meet up, you should make a plan to get to one. Or organise one yourself in a large town/city near by, I drew up a few years ago some simple guidelines on how to set up a simple meet up. 

I was expecting a lot more people to attend. I had 15/16 people on my list but five people emailed me before or on the day apologising for not being able to come for various reasons including illness, I was very grateful for this advanced notice. Sadly I don't know what happened to the others. 

Five of us were sat close to the entrance of the restaurant and we would have been fairly obvious given the number of organisers on the table!! Anyway what ever...

We were pleased to have David Round from William Hannah Ltd attend. David has attended before but it was great to chat with him about his products and how the new leather options are made. He had some different samples with him so we could see and feel the differences between their classic smooth leather, tumbled leather and pebbled/textured leather. 

Before we met up I had a wander in to John Lewis, their stationery department is still in the basement, but it seems to occupy less floor space than before. Also their stock of Filofax organisers was also reduced, limited to a glass cabinet, plus a small rack of inserts.  

After a few hours we all went our separate ways, but it had been an enjoyable meet up and it was great to see some familiar faces once again. 

After a day with the young Morton family on the Sunday, I boarded the Eurostar on Monday morning to be whisked back home to France. 

I hope to organise another face to face meet up sometime in early 2024. I hope a few more people will be able to attend.  Until then, there are the 'Virtual Meet Ups' on Skype with the next one this coming Sunday

2 comments:

  1. I had a really great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to have said hi to David and a thank you! When I was in hospital, he so kindly wrapped an A5 notebook and inserts and posted on to my dad, so he had a Christmas gift to unwrap on the big day. He can no longer drive, so we couldn't meet up that Christmas. Years on, I am still learning to walk again. Just so incredibly kind of David! Dad and I both love our A5 notebooks and they are used every day! The gift was a huge success and dad commented on the top notch design and quality of leather and paper. Guys, you can't go wrong with any of the William Hannah notebooks. Thanks David for your support and fabulous customer service at a difficult time. So grateful to you.xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete