25 October 2024

Free For All Friday - No. 833 by Steve

This weekend sees the end of daylight saving time here in Europe, I know you don't change in North America until next weekend.  

As the clocks are going back an hour that should be an extra hour in bed? Well I suspect as usual that extra hour will be spent correcting lots of clocks. 

Lots of things change automatically I know, but there are still a lot of things that need manual intervention. 

I have a list! As an insert of course!! 

I do cheat... I will change a few of them the day before, ones that aren't going to be in use or visible. It reduces the task on Sunday morning. 

The insert is just a To-Do list I relabelled and adapted for the twice yearly task. I have some notes on the reverse side on how to change things that aren't at first obvious.... the cooker... enough said...

What will you be spending your extra hour on this Sunday or next Sunday? But of course please feel free to discuss anything Filofax related. 

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your list, Steve.

    As it's a Sunday, I'll probably just spend it in bed! When I remember, I'll also often change them on the Saturday before I go to bed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After this post had gone live I remembered yet another clock that will need changing on Sunday! Fortunately there are some blank spaces on the insert!
      Enjoy your lie in!

      Delete
  2. It is probably online somewhere but perhaps someone here knows. What is the difference beetween the slim and the compact filofaxes? I don't know if there are any models that have both but if they are personal compact and personal slim, is there likely to be much difference? Is one just narrower but still got higher diameter rings but the other is narrower with smaller diameter rings?

    I am just wondering if I want a small and light filofax but in a bigger size than pocket or mini is a compact or slim going to be best? To me they offer something the same.

    I recently got a mini lyndhurst for my on the move work days (mostly WFH but I have to go on site with all the kit like cables, mouse, laptop, etc. All in all I am trying to get used to the mini but I am wondering if I just need a compact or slim in some larger size than mini or pocket. hence the curiosity as to what the difference / similarities are?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My understanding from looking through past catalogs online, Personal Slim organizers have 11mm rings, while Compact size has 15mm rings. Other dimensions you mentioned likely depending on the model.

      Delete
    2. Slimlines generally don't have a clasp, Compacts occasionally do have them, but not always. It seems to vary from model to model. But as above it's mainly sorted on ring size. Although Gillio now uses 16mm rings on their 'Slim' they should be Compact in my book!

      Delete
  3. In our apartment most of the clocks are tied to the wireless system-the stove, the Echo screen, the thermostat, the smart phones & timers, etc. all of these will automatically change next weekend. I think we have 2 watches and one little table clock I’ll need to manually reset.
    I feel pretty old. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tackled the last few on the list before I went to bed last night. I've adjusted the list for next spring already! A couple do change automatically, and I had missed off one new item that has a clock built in to it!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I've added the file to the Files page: https://philofaxy.com/files/ClockChange.docx or https://philofaxy.com/files/ClockChange.pdf

      Delete