04 October 2024

Free For All Friday - No. 830 by Anita

Thinking back about my Filofax use over the years, I've realised recently that for the majority of the time I have used only one at a time. For some years, I did also use an A5 for planning projects and for writing longer notes, but the personal one was my external brain. Over time, I rehomed the A5s though, as I just didn't end up looking at them as my focus was mainly on the personal sized one. 

For some reason recently, I've been toying with the idea of using a second Filofax in some other way, but I haven't decided on what exactly. I quite like the idea of setting up the second as a commonplace book, so as I do, wondered if there was already a post on the subject on Philofaxy.

I found this wonderful guest post - Guest Post: The Filofax that started it all - Jane and also another great post on another site that I'm going to have a look at - https://www.megan-rhiannon.com/gloomy-archive/2024/3/26/on-commonplacing

Do you or have you set up a Filofax as a commonplace book, and if so, do you have any tips or recommendations that you'd like to share? 

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related. I hope that you have a great weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. Anita this is very timely as I've been struggling a bit lately with where to write things I'm interested in and learning about. I considered using a bound notebook, but I know I like to use one notebook for one topic as I don't like multiple topics jumbled together in one book. Commonplacing in a ring binder takes the pressure off because I can use as many or as few pages as I want for a topic, just get the information captured and organise it later. Thanks for the inspiration!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never given it a name before but I've done this "commonplacing" since I was a teenager. I've previously kept this is a bound journal but it lives in a drawer and is static, depending on my memory to go through it from time to time. Doing this instead in a filofax and bringing out key passages/pages to my current daily planner would be far more useful!! Thanks for linking to the incredible article, very interesting read.

    ReplyDelete