07 October 2024

My first Filofax - Sally

Thank you Sally for contributing her own 'My Filofax' 

My first Filofax was a burgundy personal Windsor. I bought this in 1993 from Bentalls department store.

As I recall there wasn’t much choice but this one suited my needs.

I have used a number of different organiser sizes and the Windsor is currently in use.

The leather is not the best quality and it is, understandably, showing some wear although there is plenty of life left in it.

I particularly like the pocket configuration and its flatability.

Even after 30 years the rings are still excellent.




Thank you Sally. 

If you want to share your own 'My First Filofax' please contact Steve: philofaxy at gmail dot com 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful binder Sally, proper vintage - like Bentalls itself!

    It's very much a cliche but they really don't make them like that any more

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Windsor is notable for being the first model outsourced for manufacture by a third-party in Asia rather than by Filofax in the UK. The specification was deliberately slightly lower quality than their in-house organisers, although yours has lasted over30 years! The policy change enabled Filofax to both hold retail prices and enjoy a higher profit margin. With a very short period, the entire binder range was being produced by third-parties, as it still is today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making this post, Sally. It's always interesting to see a Filofax that's been lovingly used over the long term.

    ReplyDelete