This week I would like to introduce you to Julie
I don’t blog very much but I am on Twitter and you can follow me @juleslea
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I was 18, at college and bought a WHSmith branded organiser. It had a tartan pattern and I remember it being very purple! My first purchase from the Filofax range was a personal Ranger.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I’ve tried using a diary in the past but there’s just something about the Filofax that I love. I tried to use a diary at the start of this year and by the second week of January I was back with my Filofax!
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My personal red Finsbury. I love it! I even have the Trifold folder to match!
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
Seven. Some I haven’t used for ages but won’t part with in case I want to revisit them in the future.
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
Everything! It’s not an exaggeration to say it organises my life. I have a personal diary in there as well as a work one. I don’t like going out without it. Birthdays, addresses, maps, website lists, reading lists – they’re all in there. I love being able to have everything I need in one place.
6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
This is an easy question – the fact that you can personalise it to what you want and can easily change it around to suit what you need.
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I’d go for the Malden leather in a bright colour with the Adelphi-style pockets at the front.
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
It’s normally in my handbag. I have it on my desk at work and by my side at home.
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I do like the look of the plum Osterley. I’m hoping I’ve been good this year and Father Christmas will bring it for me. If not, I might ask for money for my birthday and buy it. Would be the best gift ever!
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
I have a personal Malden in Vintage Pink but bought that in the sale when it was about £53. I think that’s the most so far… until I get an Osterley!
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I think by nature all humans are inquisitive and I love reading how people use their Filofax and make it their own. It’s so good to have a site where people can share ideas on a common theme.
I love the Web Finds midweek and on a Saturday morning. I try to read them all!
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
There isn’t anything I don’t like. I genuinely think it’s a great site.
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
Rita Ora’s album, Ora. Also downloaded Now 82 on the same day! [They still do them!!??]
Thank you Julie for agreeing to be our Reader Under The Spotlight. If you would like to to be a future 'Reader Under The Spotlight' please get in touch with us at philofaxy [at] gmail [dot] com