15 October 2012

Reader Under the Spotlight - Keji

Today I would like to introduce you to Keji

Hi Filofax aficionados :-D.  I’m Keji, 28 years old and live in South East London.  I work full times as an events co-ordinator for a very well known supermarket chain (ching ching ;-D) and volunteer part time with a great organisation called Victim Support.  If you’re already thinking that’s a pretty full life, I’m also studying for my MA, have just started and events company with a very good friend and I have an incredibly busy social life – exactly why I need an organiser, whew!!! Although I’m a relatively recent convert to Filofax and ringed agendas I’ve always been an addict for stationary and all things tech.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?


I’ve had many incarnations of the ‘Funfax’ organiser when I was much younger, but the first real Filofax I ever bought was a personal aqua Chameleon, just June of this year.  I got the Chameleon purely by chance whilst I was searching desperately for an A5 aqua Finsbury.  It was so cheap on eBay (just over £14 BNIB with inserts) that I just went for it.  When it came I was totally smitten and couldn’t figure out why I hadn’t tried a ringed agenda earlier.  A few days later I found an A5 aqua Finsbury on the Philofaxy Adspot and purchased that too and now my addiction to all things Filofax has just increased rapidly, lol.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

As I mentioned previously, before Filofax I had never used a ringed agenda and truthfully there hasn’t been any other brand that has really piqued my interest.  Yes, I’m still overwhelming in love with Filofax despite some of their recent questionable brand decisions and quality control issues.  I have however, always used some sort of paper agenda since secondary school.  These were usually bound and purchased either from WH Smiths or Paperchase.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?


It’s a toss-up between my personal compact grey Osterley (another bargain from eBay) and my A5 purple Malden.  Both of them are just so beautiful to look at, smell and touch.  I know they are completely different in size, style and texture but I’m a Gemini so it just means that both satisfy all my cravings simultaneously.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

At the moment I have 4 Filofaxes. 2 are A5’s, 1 is a compact personal and 1 is a standard personal.  This list doesn’t include the other 1 I have winding its way down to me which is the personal red Amazona.

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

I have defiantly acquired way too many Filofaxes lately but they all have specific purposes.  My compact Osterley is currently my everyday agenda.  It was an experiment to see whether I could work with a slimmer dairy but no, I can’t, lol.  I like my Filofaxes fat and full with everything I need in them and I had to make too many cuts with the compact.  Once I receive the personal red Amazona this will become my everyday agenda and the compact Osterley will be relegated to a travel Filofax as I have a case of the Wanderlust and I think its slimline size will be perfect  for this.

My personal aqua Chameleon is now an archive binder.

My A5 aqua Finsbury is split between housing the stuff for my MA program and my new business venture.

Finally my A5 purple Malden is a stay-at-home “Me” binder, an idea that I got from Angela of PaperLoveStory.com but in which I have expanded to have 14 sections (eek!!).

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

First of all Filofaxes are just really beautiful to look at and touch.  The important thing about having an agenda is that you use it, and having something that looks pleasing and make it a joy to use is half the battle.  In terms of practicality, I really love how customisable and personal you can make your Filofax.  There’s just no end to how you can set it up so that it works for you.  I also really love that you can carry pretty much keep everything you need in one place.  This “Life in one place” and customisation is what really bought me over to the ringed agenda and Filofax.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I’m really into bright and strong colours so more Filofaxes that feature this would be fantastic – I’m really craving the orange Osterley that I’ve seen advertised on City Organiser (yum :-D).  I also like that Filofax is thinking about how agendas and technology can converge such as with the new Filofax and iPad Malden and Pennybridge Zips.  It would be great if there were Filofaxs with smart phone pocket (the phone pocket on the Temperley designed Filofax was the only thing I liked about that collaboration).  Finally more inserts in cotton cream would be a dream.  Why I can’t get month on 2 pages in this is beyond my comprehension.
 
8. How do you carry your Filofax?


My everyday Filofax is always with me, whether in my bag when I’m out and about; on my desk at work or on my bedside table at home.  Often I carry my agenda in my hand as I move from room to room, just in case!!!  The others are either placed on my desk when in use and on my bookshelf when not.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

Oh, you shouldn’t ask a shopaholic this!!!  It’s like asking a mother to pick her favourite child.  I can’t do it, lol.  I am, however,  looking at maybe, possibly getting an A5 Cuban zip if I ever come across one for a good price on eBay.  Also a personal purple and crimson Malden in the future just to have it in my collection and because I love those colours so much.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

£70 on my A5 purple Malden.  Another fantastic deal I got during a visit to the wonderful City Organiser whilst at the Philofaxy meet up last month.

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

Ohhh it’s time for me to fangirl!!!  I literally love everything about Philofaxy.  I mean everything.  From the great community of people who are always so nice and helpful; to the informative and inspiring articles; to the great templates (Filofax take note) to the enabling Adspot that I check every single day even though I am in no need for another Filofax :-D.

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

What???  Sorry, this question does not compute.  Next question please ;-D.

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

I haven’t bought any new music for a few years now.  I tend to re-listen to my favourite tracks and albums that I’ve had for ages.  If I do want to listen to any new music I’ll listen to them on sites like as YouTube or Spotify.

Thank you Keji for going under the spotlight

5 comments:

  1. So nice to 'meet' you Keji - you have really got the filofax bug! I went to a meeting today and two ladies brought out their filofaxes! So nice to see them in use. I've told them both about Philofaxy so hopefully we might see them here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely to meet you at the London meet up & great to find out more about you here :) I loved your very fat Chameleon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post Keji - lovely to meet you, and another South East Londoner! Although I'm in Wales now, I spent the first 50 years of my life in Catford/Lewisham/Hither Green, so I know it well - great area to live.

    Hope to meet you at a future Philofaxy get-together......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Everyone,

    thank you so much guys for welcoming me into the fold. Even if Filofax wasn't for me I'd stick around just for the community :-D

    Alison - love that you promote Philofaxy at every turn. I also like Filofax spotting and telling others about the community. Do you know what models the two ladies were using?

    Anita - it was fab meeting you too. I'm obsessed with you A5 set up and I've made my mind up. Next pay day I'll be purchasing a bronze Domino in A5 and personal. Also you know I need to get a personal purple Malden too. Enablers unite!!!

    David - thank you, I'm glad you enjoyed the post. You used to live not too far from me. I currently in Greenwich but went to Christ The King Sixth Form Collge in Lewisham so I'm very familiar with the area. I'll be at the November meet up too, so it will be good to finally meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Keji

      Definitely not far.....I used to live on the new development on the site of the old Hither Green Hospital....

      Looking forward to meeting you in November

      David

      Delete