24 February 2016

The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Plannerverse - Episode 2

Where to start your planning journey and why....

We would both like to thank everyone for the excellent feedback on Episode 1, take a listen if you haven't already.

Karine set the title for this episode. We then both went off to do our own independent research and to come together to put forward our own thoughts on the topic of 'Where to start your planning journey and why.'

We are also looking in to getting the podcast on to iTunes, but it might take a little time.

Episode 2 - Where to start your planning journey and why....


A direct download is also available here: Episode2.mp3




Show Notes (timings approximate)

02:10 - Filofax Catalogues from the 1980's - 1989  This page
03:00 - David Allen - GTD and Paper Planners/Organisers - A4  or  Letter
04:30 - David Allen - GTD and Electronic Apps
06:45 - Franklin Covey Organisers
08:00 - Streamlined Life Facebook Group
10:15 - Philofaxy Year Planners
13:00 - Philofaxy Monthly Planners
14:20 - Automation Nirvana
16:15 - David Allen - Getting Things Done - Book
20:30 - "A" Time: Busy Manager's Action Plan for Effective Self Management - James Noon - Book
22:30 - Undated Planners
24:20 - Steve's journal - Quo Vadis Daily 21
25:00 - Ikea RÅSKOG trolley
26:00 - Tip for the week
28:50 - Steve's chosen diary insert layout - The Enhance TM Week View now available in A6 and Personal sizes

Presenters - Steve Morton and Karine Tovmassian
Our Websites: http://philofaxy.com and http://thestreamlinedlife.blogspot.com

Naturally we would love to hear your feedback on the podcast and our show notes.

If you have ideas for future episodes please send them to steve at philofaxy dot com

Previous Episodes:

Episode 1 - What size and why....


5 comments:

  1. Steve and Karine, thank you so much for this series. The ability to augment the printed word with audio, is very helpful. This is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting listen! I did the swap-out of week's daily pages every Sunday for years. At first, I took out the prior week; the advantage was that I absolutely needed to make sure I had processed out all items from the past week, otherwise they would be lost. But eventually I found it easier to keep a rolling four-week's of daily pages in; each Sunday I would add the coming week and remove the oldest week, keeping 28 days worth in at any time. I also kept a Wo2P for the rest of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Fun to listen to your entertaining audio Post. Cheers for the numerous occasions for counting me in :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started 2006 with a Personal FF, changed to pocket FF and back to Personal, now finally to compact size with M2P + W2Ps-plusNotes + 2PpD with using one big personel organiser for the used pages that I need to remove From My dailyFF when I need to feed New days and weeks in.

      Delete
  4. LOVE this episode - so helpful, since I was just solving my "wanting to have everything in" while simultaneously wanting to go about my day with little bulk /move lightly - dilemma. I now have a satellite system with just my master task list, a week's worth of detailed daily pages with an expanding one year calendar for forward planning on the go/appointment scheduling, as well as just a few note pages for each of the projects I am working on/ i.e. the next step in that project. To transfer tasks and notes into my main planner with the full materials takes just about 5 minutes a day and it actually helps to sort out my mind in the morning and decide about priorities of that day.

    ReplyDelete