28 June 2019

Free For All Friday No 554 by Laurie

In my last Free For All Friday, I wrote about how I use my monthly pages in my Filofax. I print undated monthly grids and fill them in by hand. In order to fill out my planner pages, I reference lots of different calendars.

First of all, because the monthly pages are undated, I have to reference an annual calendar to write in the dates. (I use the Philofaxy annual calendars.)

I write in holidays. For reference I use a Holidays and Observances page from a Franklin Planner I bought a couple of years ago. It has US holidays and special days for 2017-2022.

I write in birthdays and anniversaries. I keep these on Birthdays, Anniversaries and Special Occasions Filofax pages (which, surprisingly, are still made).  I've had them for at least 15 years. I use the Personal size, and have trimmed the corner so they fit in my A5 Filofax.

I use my kids' school calendar to fill in school dates like holidays and half days, school events, etc.

It sounds tedious but it's really not that bad, and it's worth it to me to have everything in one calendar and not have to look at a bunch of different calendars all year to see what's happening.

Do you use different calendars to fill in your planner pages?

And as always on Fridays, feel free to ask and/ or discuss anything ring binder organizer related!

1 comment:

  1. I do the same in my pocket planner, even though I don't go so far as to 2021. Usually I keep 12-15 months, so that I can plan a bit in advance and I can also reference back a few months.
    I use phylofaxy dated inserts for that.
    I also have a digital calendar, and it should be enough, but I need the visual spread on paper for my peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete