09 August 2019

Free For All Friday - No. 560 by Steve

I'm playing 'stalk the post lady' at the moment, as I patiently wait for a parcel to arrive from UK.

I managed to put in the winning bid (the only bid in fact) on a Filofax A5 Chameleon in black, just like my pocket one in the photo. It is a model that largely seems to have disappeared since it was on sale about 8 years ago or less.

It was one of the ones 'I wish I had bought when they were on general sale!' I broke my own rule in a way 'If you like it buy it now'

Expect a review and photos when it arrives!

Which model do you regret not buying that you wished you had bought at the time?

Of course it is Friday so feel free to discuss anything organiser related.

7 comments:

  1. Filofax “The Journey” - without doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luxe, which was a A5 compact, didn’t buy because I didn’t like the colors or texture so much back then. It was also quite expensive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I'm new to Filofax, and after seeking advice from Philofaxy member Janet, I ordered an Original Personal in burnt orange (I'm also looking for a black Kensington on eBay actually)! I have a question about the ring mechanism: Are all Filofax mechanisms made by Krause? Please advise, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bob
      Sadly not, Filofax use different 'grades' of rings depending on the retail price of the organiser. The older models like the Kensington do use a design of ring mech that is very similar to the Krause PER ring mechs, they are inter changeable.
      But newer models often use a ring mech that is riveted on to a back plate or through the cover like on the Original. These aren't so easy to change.
      The design is over 100 years old and it has only changed in a few minor details over the years.

      Delete
  4. I adore the Chameleon. I have a black one in pocket and a pink / magenta one in personal. I wish I had bought a black personal and an A5 when I had the chance. The other one I wish I had bought was the Baroque.

    ReplyDelete