27 October 2019

Reader Under The Spotlight - Rebekah

Hi, I'm Rebekah, sometimes known around the internet as Ganchi. I'm a wife, mom, Catholic, Potterhead and overachiever.

I post about my planner system on YouTube, Instagram, and my blog, and you can find links to all of that on ganchiplans.com

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

I've been using school planners and informal pocket organizers all my life, but I started taking planning really seriously in 2016 when I learned about Bullet Journaling.

So I started my BuJo in an A5 Moleskine, but soon moved into a personal size Foxy Fix Wanderlust in the color Butterscotch. I'd say that that Traveler's Notebook counts as my first "organizer".

2. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I'm so happy in my Filofax Malden Ochre. It's a pocket size, which some people might find constricting, but I find that portability is my main concern, so the page size doesn't bother me--I write small anyway.


I recently made the lateral move from this exact planner in the color Stone, and it's amazing what something as simple as the color of your binder can do to change the whole feel, even when the contents are exactly the same.

3. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?

Let's see... 2 personal TNs, 3 pocket TNs, a little ring planner I got from AsianVintageTN on etsy last year, and my 2 Filofaxes. (Filofaces?)

So, just 8 in all, but I only ever use one at a time, so I try to keep that number manageable.


4. What do you use your organisers for?

Everything except work. I have a desk job and an A5 work BuJo that stays there.

My Filofax is for our home, our daughter, and my personal goals. I've been known to track some pretty nit-picky things, like the color bra I'm wearing each day. I don't remember how I functioned before I had my planner!

5. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?

The very front section is anything I want to make sure I see every single day. My monthly calendar, content calendar, habit tracker, running to-do list and waiting-on list all live here. The aforementioned bra tracker too.

The second section is for weeklies and dailies. I've been using MySummerTouch's MonWeekly system for the last while.


Next is the section for all my project pages and reference collections.

Next, I have a section dedicated to goals for my blog and YouTube channel.

After that is a section devoted entirely to myHogwarts.com, a fansite I've been a member of forever. There aren't that many pages there anymore though, so it's kind of vestigial, and will probably be combined with my general projects the next time I replace my dividers.

Finally, my future log lives in the back section, with some spare paper and a couple of stickers.

6. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I've been tempted in the past to try out the personal size, but I don't want to give up my wallet pocket along the spine, which is only available in the pocket size. (from Filofax at least)

So that's easy: I would design a binder featuring that wallet pocket in larger sizes.

7. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
You can include a makeshift table of contents in your planner without numbering the pages by using post-it notes. That way you can move them around or remove them whenever you rearrange your inserts.



8. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?

I haven't, but that would be so much fun! I'll keep an eye out for one in my area.

9. What was the last movie you watched?

They recently put the 1963 classic Lilies of the Field with Sidney Poitier back on Amazon Prime. It's a favorite.

10. What was the last book you read?

My life pretty much revolves around my toddler right now, so if you don't count bedtime stories, the last book I read was How To Talk So Little Kids Will Listen by Joanna Faber and Julie King. I'd recommend it.

Thank you Rebekah 

As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature. 

You don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'. 

Please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com

No comments:

Post a Comment