28 January 2022

Free For All Friday No. 690 by Anita

As I've been working from home since March 2020, I admit that I've been thinking more about the possibility of moving over completely to A5 size, as portability isn't as much of a requirement anymore. Due to COVID, our household is still not out and about much either, so I could see my A5 Original working as my sole binder for everything. However, I think that I've been using personal as my main binder for so many years that I think that I've gotten used to the narrow paper dimensions, plus I think that I'd find it hard to move away from my trusty Kensington, so I will be staying with A5 for work and personal for everything else. 

Have you been considering a change in planner size due to changes that have come about due to COVID or your career?

And as always, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related and I hope that you have a great weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I’ve moved back into personal rings due to (early) retirement and hence not needing the space for work planning - I even bought a personal Malden. However I’m finding the personal size quite cramped for my personal planning as I have been used to A5 (and A4) having used the larger sizes for years. I’m storing the detail for my ongoing projects in an A4 Buckingham so I don’t have an excuse not to be able to fit into a Personal. Besides the Malden is lovely so I will get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’ve moved back into personal rings due to (early) retirement and hence not needing the space for work planning - I even bought a personal Malden. However I’m finding the personal size quite cramped for my personal planning as I have been used to A5 (and A4) having used the larger sizes for years. I’m storing the detail for my ongoing projects in an A4 Buckingham so I don’t have an excuse not to be able to fit into a Personal. Besides the Malden is lovely so I will get used to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking about moving to A5. I really like the spacious monthly, and weekly layouts, but for lists it's just too overwhelming... And my most used spreads are daily lists, and task lists, so I stayed in my personal,at least for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I absolutely agree with you as I love the extra page space of A5 for writing longer notes or planning projects, but for task lists the space can seem a bit too large. My A5 Original is open in front of me right now & I'm just thinking that drawing a vertical line down the middle of the A5 page would help with that!

      Delete
    2. why not cut an a5 page into two columns (or a4 into four) to create more compact to do lists?

      Delete
    3. I use A5. My task lists take up about half of a page. My task lists are divided into 4 sections: College Class, Work, Personal, and my husband. (I just write in my own headings.) Work is the largest section. And the section for my husband is both delegation reminders and things I need to take care of for him. It works really well for me and keeps my lists from becoming overwhelming.

      Delete
  4. I've been trying to think of new uses for my year planner, with so little travelling to plan at the moment. My 2021 year planner went unused for nearly the whole year!

    As mentioned in my post at the start of the week I've stayed in A5 this year although I did consider trying out Personal size again!

    ReplyDelete