07 June 2012
Reader Under the Spotlight - Kristin
Hello! I am pleased to participate in Philofaxy's Readers Under the Spotlight!
Ever since I was a little kid I loved pens, notebooks, planners, and anything related to office supplies.
Going back to school in the fall was not fun, but shopping at Staples was SO exciting. I loved picking out my purple trapper keeper (what the "cool" kids were using back then) and folders to go inside of it- Lisa Frank's puppies, kittens, and dolphins, of course! Does anyone remember Lisa Frank?
Anyways, I live with my family in Massachusetts. I love the beach, going on hikes, travelling, and pulling out my Filofax to jot things down wherever I go.
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
My first Filofax was purchased a few years ago and I can't remember what it was. It was one with a cloth-like cover on clearance at Marshals. The next Filofax I purchased after that was last year, and it was a purple personal Finsbury.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have used: Franklin Covey- three different binders with Jean Chatzky inserts, Moleskine planner, Staples planner, Mom agenda, Erin Condren Life Planner, Barnes and Noble planner, the dot.mine day planners family_time.mine and time_mine, Arc system by Staples, Lilly Pulitzer and many others that I just can't remember. I'm a total planner addict... seriously!
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I love the Erin Condren planner for many reasons- the colors and amount of space, the stickers, and built-in goodies. I love the dot.mine family planner because it has lots of family related sections inside of it. But my favorite is my Filofax Malden. I love the Personal Malden. The ability to customize my Filofax in any way that I want is what keeps it at the top of my list. I always go back to it.
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
Personal Domino in pink, Personal Finchley in purple, Personal Chameleon in raspberry, Personal Finsbury in raspberry, Personal Malden in black, and Pocket Malden in grey. So that's six. Wow!
5. What do you use your Filofax for?
What don't I use it for? Appointments, notes, to-dos, card holder, receipt holder, sticker holder, schedules, grocery list, photos, stamps, my life!!!
6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
The ability to customize it the way I want.
7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Nothing that I can think of, but I would like Filofax to offer more colors.
8. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my purse, or in my hands.
9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I LOVE the Maldens. Love. I'm waiting for the purple to be available in the US.
10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
I purchased a Pocket Finchley in pink for $120 and then returned it. I wasn't happy with the pocket size and the price was very high.
11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
Everything! I love this community of Filofax lovers. I have never met such a kind and sincere group of people, and you all started out as strangers. I really can't believe how generous everyone is
12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Hmm.. maybe that there aren't enough Filofax posts? Is that a good answer? Because I can't get enough!
13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?
Adele 19 and 21- of course!
Thank you Kristen... more Filofax posts required indeed ;-)