08 December 2013
Reader Under The Spotlight - Pamela
I am 35 years old and I live in Buenos Aires, Argentina. I am Psychologist and I work in the Employee Relations area on the HR industry. On my free time I love: scrapbooking, smash booking, reading, traveling and photography (I shoot with a Nikon D60 DSLR). And of course I love anything Filofax related! ;)
1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I bought my first "real" Filofax on July 2013 when I went to Europe for a month. Sadly I was not able to go to the Filofax store while in London and ended up buying a Paperchase planner and some accessories. But luckily I found the Filo section at La Fayette Galeries at Paris. And I couldn’t stop myself from buying the bright purple Saffiano in Personal size.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have used a lot of different brands throughout the years. Keep in mind I have buying a new planner every year since I was 10 years old! I have used Dayrunner, Morgan and some local brands like Click, Citanova and so on...
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I would have to say my Personal size Saffiano in bright purple (even though I haven't yet started using it... Waiting for 2014...anxiously!)
4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
Two: the Saffiano and the Jack Vintage (love anything with England or London themed) both in personal size.
5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection?
The Saffiano. Though I did loved the small black Filofax my dad used to have when I was a kid (have no idea what model was). But it was a Filo he had brought back from a study abroad trip to Cambridge. Long story short, one day I customized it with Hello Kitty stickers while he was at work (I was 5!!) and of course he "had to give it to me" LOL. Sadly it got lost while I was 15 in a moving...
6. What do you use your Filofax for?
I will use it for everything! Mostly personal stuff and not work related: day to day planning, birthdays, workout follow up, meal planning, travel, wish lists, to do lists, addresses, etc.
7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
The way you can customize it and there is a lot of different options of inserts to buy for it. That customization process make your planner so unique that there is probably not another inside that looks the same or not, let's say 2 Saffianos alike (even though they look exactly the same from the outside).
8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Mmmmm... Bigger binder rings, a secretarial pocket and a zippered pocket in all models and two elastic pen loops.
9. How do you carry your Filofax?
In my purse or my backpack, whichever I am carrying that day with me.
10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
The Fluoro Pink original in personal size. I might end up buying it but not for at least 6 months.
11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
The Saffiano cost me 45€ in Paris.
12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Think outside from the box and create as many sections in it as you want, as long as it works for you. Create a routine for yourself that include your planner so you incorporate using it and looking it at on a daily basis.
13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The printables, the community that is part of it, the awesome tips and of course the reader under the spotlight column ;)
14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
There is nothing not to like. It is one of my favorite blogs, so I would not change a thing about it.
15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Best I ever had by Gavin Degraw.
16. Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?
Mark Darcy without a doubt!
Thank you Pamela for taking part in our Readers Under the Spotlight feature. If anyone else would like to step forward to answer the questions then please contact philofaxy at gmail dot com