I’m Anarischia. I am a 23 yo college student from Belgium and I’m new to the Filofax world or at least I still think that I am new. I found my way into this community through youtube and it seemed like the best solution to my planner/ planning problems.
Due to health issues and a learning disorder I have a really irregular life so keeping track of things is very difficult for me. I am also very picky in sizes and looks and since you can do pretty much anything with the inserts in a Filofax it got my interest fairly easy.
My whole family (apart from my sister) uses an organiser for something. My grandparents and my uncle as an agenda and my mom as a contacts book. Nobody has a Filofax brand organiser except for me.
Recently I stared a youtube channel which is mostly about planners. You can find it if you search Anarischia on YouTube. That is also my username on Instagram.
So that was a little bit about me and how I got started with (Filofax) organizers. Now lets get to the questions.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I got my first true organiser last year in march if i’m correct. I was looking into planning and the planner community and decided that a filofax was something that i could try to help with my planning since it's not a bound planner. I was planning on buying a filofax in the lower price range just to try it out but I went to the shop with my mom and she insisted that if I’m going to buy one that I should buy one I liked and maybe also one from the higher price range. I ended up with a A5 filofax original in patent Fuchsia. I absolutely love my original.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have a kikki-k and a dokibook and I also have a midori and some midori style planners. I have been looking at Van der Spek and Gillio. I am also always on the look out for great A5 organizers that are not that extremely expensive
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
I know that A5 is my size and I think that my filofax original wins here. I really love my kikki-k too but I love my filofax just that bit more.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I have 4 organizers:
- my large kikki-k in black cherry
- my A5 filofax original in patent fuchsia
- my A5 mint dokibook
- my pocket Filofax finsbury in brown
- a brown and a special edition blue midori travelers notebook
- a ZLYC flower embossed travellers notebook
- a japanese spiralbound planner that I got second hand from my mom because she did not use it
The oldest organiser that I have is my A5 filofax original in patent fuchsia
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I use my dokibook as my college planning. I have a calendar in there that i use exclusively for planning college.
My kikki-k is currently being used as a memory keeper. I have some basic week on two pages from philofaxy in there that I use to review my day every evening. I decorate it and just put in the memorable things. I also have some general information in that planner.
I’m not using my A5 Filofax at the moment because I wanted to give it a break after being carried around so much but I’m planning on making it into my hobby organiser.
My pocket Filofax holds some of my cards but is also getting a break from being my day today planner. I am thinking about starting to use it again.
7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
I have 6 sections in my kikki-k
- calendar (memory keeper)
- hobby’s -> that section is going to my Filofax Original
- class: bachelorproef
- class: Verkenning
- class: Gezondheid en maatschappij
- class: ethiek
- important information for/from college
A Filofax is very customisable. You can put in and take out the things you want and do not want. I can change my mind very often so having a filofax makes things easier. I hate that about bound planners. If you do something wrong with the pages then you are stuck with it. I am a lot more at ease with a Filofax and as a result I use it better.
9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
- Unlimited rings but it stays light no matter what you put into it.
- it changes color when you want it to
- foldable so it fits in every pocket but you still have an A5 to write on
- big rings
- available in nice colours
- nice material, soft but scratch resistant
- not too expensive
- pen loop that fits a wide variety of pens
My A5 Filofaxes stay home now but i did take my original to school every day in the beginning. I carried it in a cloth bag to protect it. Now I also carry my original in a cloth bag if I take it somewhere and it sits in a Reisenthel basket with my other A5 planner if I want to take all of them with me (sometimes also in a random large bag).
My pocket Filofax just gets dropped into my bag without protection and is just lugged around. My travelers notebook are also being carried around in a cloth bag
11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I am really in love with the electric blue A5 finsbury. I am thinking about buying it but I’m holding off with christmas being so near.
12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
The original was the most expensive Filofax that I have but it was a gift from my mom so I did not actually pay for it. I did pay around €50 for my limited edition blue Midori travelers notebook.
13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
I once saw a post on a Filofax swing pad from Ray Blake that seems very handy but I still have to try it out.
14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
You have a lot of inserts that you can try out for free. It helps a lot when you don’t know what works for you and you want to try things out without spending (a lot of) money. I also like the fact that you can customise it for what you need. You can also find a lot of interesting facts about filofax and other organisers
15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
What i do not like has nothing to do with Philofaxy but with the facts that it is a blog. I have a problem getting through blogs and I feel that I am missing a lot of information because it's a blog. It's difficult to explain but do to my learning disorder it's very confusing to read through the blog.
16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Love Kaze from Nakajima Kento (He is a member of Sexy Zone - A japanese boy band that I like)
17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
I have never attended a meet-up before. I don’t think that there were any meet-ups in Belgium or near to Belgium. I would love to attend one!
18. What was the last movie you watched?
Big Hero 6
19. What was the last book you read?
Bryte’s ascent by E. Rose Sabin Great book and great series (Arucadi series)
Thank you Anarischia.
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.