22 November 2015
Reader Under The Spotlight - Jessica
I am Jessica.
I live in Virginia, United States. I am married and we have a beautiful dog, Steven. I enjoy meeting other planners and stationery fanatics. Currently, I work with Teacher Assistant with Deaf students (I have a Bachelors in Sign Language Interpreting) and going back to college to gain a degree in Information Technology.
You can find me on Instagram @PacificPlanner74
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I used school given assignment books since Middle School and then got a Coach wire-bound agenda for 6 years( Coach refills or Franklin Covey Compass refills)for 6 years. My first ring bound planner was purchased in the Summer of 2013 when I got my Filofax Compact Calipso in Bright Blue.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
Franklin Covey, Coach, Filofax, Van Der Spek, DoxieDori
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My current favorite is my newly received Van Der Spek Senior Custom Widened with dark green exterior and Navy interior with 25mm gold rings.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
Too many. Maybe 20?
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
The oldest one in my collection would probably be my Coach one. Hard to believe I used one pen and one planner for 6 years.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I use my organizer as a second brain. Scheduling, meal planning,reference, & work..
7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
Calendar ( Yearly, Monthly, Weekly and sometimes Daily), Work/School (, Home, & Notes
8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
Back in the day, I appreciated the customer service and quality of binders. Now, I focus on other brands.
9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I would love to see Filofax offer A6 binders!
10. How do you carry your Filofax?
I carry my Custom Van Der Spek in my purse all day everyday.
11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
They are not any new binders by Filofax that excite me. Back in the day, I loved their Osterley line.
12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
The most I spent was a little less $100 for a Compact Plum/Wine Osterley. My most expensive binder overall would be my Custom Van Der Spek (worth every penny )
13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Don't over stuff! I love a full binder, but I make sure to clean out my organizer as needed so that the pages lay flat on the right.
14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I appreciate so many things about Philofaxy! I love web finds, FREE inserts, and that Philofaxy has accepted and wrote about other brands than just Filofax.
15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
I would love to see the website get a cosmetic facelift! Modernize the layout and website while keeping it classic.
16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Elvis Costello (Angels Wanna Wear) My Red Shoes & Adele's new 25 album.
17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
I have! I have attended about 5 local planner meet-ups in the DC/MD/VA area and one of those was this past June with Steve!
18. What was the last movie you watched?
Eat Pray Love. This movie also inspires me to find inner peace.
19. What was the last book you read?
I am reading Dragonfly in Amber by Diane Gabaldon. It is part of the Outlander series ( must read)
Thank you Jessica.
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.