08 November 2015

Reader Under The Spotlight - Rosemary

Today I would like to introduce you to Rosemary. 

I'm Rosemary and I'm a Brit living in Austria who is known as "the organised one". I love to stun colleagues and friends by having *all* the information at my fingertips and that would not be possible without my Filofax. I'm currently studying for my second degree which despite it being in IT has not stopped me loving paper.

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?

I bought my very first ring bound organiser in Year 12 (when I was 17) after "losing" my school diary (I absolutely hated the design and the layout!) It was a black leather Collins Balmoral - the same size as Filofax personal. I still have it and though the pen loop looks a bit battered it's in great condition.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

Nowadays I pretty much only use Filofax. I still have the Collins I mentioned above, and I also have a personal size lilac Kikki K which is adorable - though it's not being used right now.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

My personal purple Filofax Malden goes pretty much everywhere with me, but my favourite has to be my pocket Violet Temperley which is my purse (wallet for the Americans), it's beautiful and practical! Though I do love my Filofax Journey.

4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
That's a good question. I'd say "let me count" but they're spread out between two countries right now, I have 14 here in Austria and several more in the UK!

5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
My oldest has to be my Kent Deskfax which I think is older than I am!

6. What do you use your organisers for?
Extra brains! I use my A5 to track assignments exams and classes for university, my personal is my on the go calendar/list holder/brain dump receptor. I already mentioned my purse, and I have a few Clipbooks which I'm using to plan businesses ideas/projects in. I use my M2 for tracking homework which is fun.

7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
Which organiser? My A5 has 4 - university overview, month on two pages, week per page, and notes. My personal has week on two pages and notes (which has lists at the front). And my purse has card holders, and then some slip pockets, and finally some note paper.

8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
The fact that if I don't need a section anymore I can make it disappear, or if I need to add something in then that's equally possible!

9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
An anti gravity system to reduce the weight so I could fit more in it!

10. How do you carry your Filofax?
Naked, I just throw it into whatever bag I'm taking with me and if it gets marked then it's part of the character.

11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
The Maldens, and I have one in every size! (At least the organisers.) I'm hankering after a Union Jack Original though.

12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I think I spent £120 (including customs) on my Filofax Journey. Ouch! But that model was my purse for 2 years and is still my travel purse.

13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
The paper size can be smaller than the binder - I use mini and M2 pages in my A5 and Personal, plus I often punch brightly coloured notepaper (the kind you get in square blocks for your desk) as emergency notes.

14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
How awesome everyone is here. The Facebook group is full of really friendly people, and there's so much knowledge!

15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
The fact that some people think this blog is crazy.

16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Avicii - Hey Brother.

17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
Yes, I attended one in London late last year - I'd love to do it again but living in Austria it may be harder!

18. What was the last movie you watched?
The Martian - it was ace!

19. What was the last book you read?
A19 The Hobbit.

Thank you Rose.

As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.

So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rosemary, nice to meet you. When you find that anti-gravity Filofax, please let us know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rosemary, I came across your post when searching on Google for the words "Filofax in the movie The Martian"! Did you spot it? It was during a scene where he is looking around a desk unit full of stuff belonging to him and his colleagues, and was black, personal sized I think. I thought it was rather cool that they were prepared to show that in the future, a Filofax would still be valued as an essential tool for an astronaut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete