18 March 2013

Reader Under the Spotlight - Renee

Hello, I am Renee Weatherford from Ventura, California.  You can find me at my website, ‘Renew Your Space’ talking about Organizing and Time Management tips.  Not long after I discovered how cool the Filofax was, I found this website and I fell head over heels with all of the free printables and information I found here.  I have gotten all caught up on customizing my Filo after watching YouTube and browsing Amazon’s stationery isles.  I have written all about it on my blog, but had no idea how this community would explode over paper organizers - I couldn’t be more thrilled!  Thank you for having me – I look forward to reading many more informative posts here at Philofaxy.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I am a newby to the Filofax world owner – I received one as a gift for the New Year.  It is a mustard yellow Finsbury A5.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using? 

I have always used the Day Timer brands in the past with Franklin Covey calendars.  I am in love with Filofax layout and the A5 is so similar, I don’t even miss my old planner.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I had hoped to find a flexible red Finsbury but they were backordered until April.  I couldn’t wait, so I settled for one in yellow and I really love the cheeriness of it.  My DT was very soft and floppy but I love the crisp leather of my new Filo. 

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

I just have two, but I already have my eye on a few others for different reasons.  My A5 is perfect for my desk at work, but I just bought a Personal Chameleon for a special project that I am working on.  I’ve even given them both proper photo-shoots to share with my other Filofax obsessed friends.

5. What is the oldest Filofax in your collection? 

Well, I don’t have much of a collection YET – but in a few months, I’ll have an answer for you ☺  I still love the A5 size, despite the convenience of the Personal size – it just works better for all of the projects that I like to keep track of.

6. What do you use your Filofax for? 

I use it for EVERYTHING!  My Filofax is my schedule, Financial Tracker, Meal Plan / Grocery List, Workout Schedule, my list of goals, and a lot of projects broken down into tiny bites so that I don’t get overwhelmed.  I’ve even created a tab for my bucket list as a reminder to make it happen!

7. What was the feature about Filofax you like most? 

I love their ultra thin calendar pages, and I also like that the page marker has a top and bottom tab to get right to the current day.  I also like the pen holders – other brands usually have these pitiful rings that lose their elasticity too soon.  These are out of the way and can hold my multi-colored Bic nicely.

8. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature? 

I would make them the traditional desk size like used for Day Timer.  What I liked most about that was that I could create my custom print-outs easily by cutting a letter-size page in half, punch holes and insert.  The A5 pages are a little tricky, but I make it work.

9. How do you carry your Filofax? 

I carry a large bag to work with my small essentials on one side and my Filofax takes up the entire second portion.  A small sacrifice to pay to have all of my information by my side.

10. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it? 

I am a little obsessed with the Malden in brown, and would have bought it if it was available on their site back when I was first looking…. But it’s next in line when I get the bug again!

11. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model? 

My Finsbury A5 was $99 USD.  I have spent more than that for other brand paper organizers.

12. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack? 

I print my Editorial Calendar on long paper, and customize it so that I have a tri-fold document at-a-glance.  I used the same template for my monthly meal planning and meal prep reminders on the back so that I remember what needs to be done before bed. 

13. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?  

I love hearing about how others use their organizers differently. 

I love the community here, and that you capture everyone on the net who are sharing their great ideas.  I also enjoy the free templates, reference sheets and paper that can be saved and duplicated instead of paying so much for refills.

14. And what do you not like about Philofaxy? 

What’s not to like?  I think you strike a nice balance with your Guest Posts, Web Finds and Free For All Fridays – it’s all eye candy to me!

15. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought? 


My last purchase was Corinne Bailey Rae – The Sea.  She is Ah-mazing!!!

16.  Mark Darcy or Daniel Cleaver?

Oh that would definitely be Darcy ~ Both in Bridget Jones and in Pride and Prejudice ☺

Thank you Renee for being part of our Reader Under the Spotlight series. If you would like to be part of this series please contact us at philofaxy at gmail dot com

2 comments:

  1. Great website...can't wait to peruse more. Would love to see a 'what's in my workbag' post. Would also like to see your fold out calendar hack...maybe it's on your website? What I like most about your tips is that they are easy, simple and quick. I read so many blogs that I appreciate getting the tips quickly and not having to read long articles. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Philofaxy for the Spotlight :) I love this community!

    Cheryl - Thanks for the kind feedback!! You can find the calendar in the "Filofax Secret" blog (still listed on the front page) & I'll do an updated workbag post soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete