20 August 2012

Reader Under The Spotlight - Lime Tree

This week I would like to introduce to you all 'Lime Tree'
Hey there! Lime Tree here.

I am brand new to Filofax world and enjoying every bit of it. Because of my pretty Filofaxes I started journaling again and re-discovered a livelong love for stationary, watercolor and art related things. You can see all that journey unfolding at my blog.

“Lime Tree” is the translation of the Portuguese word “limoeiro” which was always included in my childhood songs, books, stories and tales. It brings back warm memories of an “easy-breezy” life playing outside with tons of fresh air on my face.

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
I bought it in December 2011, it was a Pink Domino in personal size.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?


I used some of those random planners that you find everywhere and for a very short period (while I was waiting for my Filofax) I used Franklin Covey.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
Oh, I love them all! Each one for a different reason. Domino because it was the first. Baroque because it is gorgeous and it is my “me” binder. Compact Chameleon because it is so portable and so on.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?
Hhhmmm, the question I have been very afraid to answer. I really didn’t want to count but here we go. I have…..12 *breathe, breathe* It was hard, but I finally fearlessly count them all and there it is the final number!

5. What do you use your Filofax for?


To plan my year, have my lists and to-dos; To plan trips, keep record of stuff, set goals, and all that. I am hoping to storage some of my smaller watercolor and sketching items in an A5 too. Another one I am hoping to set up as scrapbooking pics of trips.

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
How versatile it can be. You can do anything you want. Use as a regular calendar, notebook or as I mentioned on the other question as portfolio or picture album. Possibilities are endless with Filofax! :)

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Hhhmmmmm that’s a hard one. I am always so indecisive. I doubt I would settle regardless of the “perfect” design.

However, some good decorated curves “a la Baroque” would be necessary, as well as horizontal card slots, and a gazillion of hidden pockets like the Holborn has, including the back pocket. Then, somehow be able to close without a clasp like an A5 Adelphi. Also have one of those “slide in” pocket-envelopes that Moleskine has (and I think a few of the vintage Filofaxes as well) and pen loops that really can hold all sorts of pens.

Oh, and ADJUSTABLE rings! HA! If I need more paper I would “adjust” it to hold more. If not, just keep it like a Slimline. Hehe, very doable, huh?

Another very important feature would be color options like the Finsbury with a Chameleon texture. To make it even more feasible after all those wonderful features the organizer would miraculously be light, portable, and easy to write! HA!

That pretty much sums it. :D

8. How do you carry your Filofax?


The daily one in my bag (currently Personal Baroque). The A5 Adelphi I leave at work, A5 Cham on my desk at home, the “project” or storage ones stay on a shelf for right now and all the other ones, including minis and pockets take their turn resting as I experiment with my daily set-up.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I like the Chameleon a lot. And I have plenty of those. So I better behave :)

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?
$90 on a slimline Almond Amazona. Very pretty!

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
How friendly everyone is! It is a very safe-space to talk about something that people “out-there” don’t really understand.

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?


Gosh…. I really fried my brain here to find something. Nothing came up. Everything is good as is! :)

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?


Marisa Monte – “Mais”. Way overdue!

Thank you Lime Tree... Adjustable rings.... I like that idea sort of circular trombones!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring me Steve! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours was one of the first blogs I came across when I first discovered the Philofax/Filofax community and I really enjoy your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tiki!
      Nice to know I may had helped reinforce the enabling feature of Philofaxy, hehe

      Delete
  3. I love hearing the history behind some of the user names here. Thanks for the post, I'll be checking your blog to see the watercolour stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Paul! That is so true. User names are always hard to understand from an "outsider" perspective! Thank you for checking my blog! :)

      Delete
  4. Hi, it's nice to see you "spotlighted"! (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice to be "spotlighted" as well!

      Delete
  5. Where's the picture of you????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, we will take some on our mini-meetup! ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi Lime Tree,
    I just loved the way that your blog name came about, from your childhood in Portugal and your explanation of the perfect Filofax, for me was just spot on perfect!! I'd love to know how you made your Lime Tree logo and how you posted it on to your blog page???? I'd love to have a logo of my own like this..... but not a clue how I'd go about that!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Butanben, I talked a bit about the creation of my button here: http://www.limetreefruits.com/2012/07/blog-button-is-done.html

      Then I scanned it to put on my blog. I hope that helps but if you need more detailed info, just let me know and I would be more than happy to help you putting something together ;)

      Delete