27 August 2012

Reader Under The Spotlight - Millie

Today I would like to introduce you to Millie. How Millie has managed to escape being under our spotlight before now I really don't know...

Hello!  My name is Millie, and I'm a conservationist.  I work for a national UK charity, and I run a blog called Planet Millie, where I talk about everything I love.  This mostly includes gardening, notebooks, fountain pens, crochet and reading!

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

I bought my first Filofax in 2010.  I'm relatively new to this community, I guess!  It was an ochre Malden in the personal size.  I had been watching Philofaxy and the Filofax website for a while, and then I fell in love with the Malden range and decided to take the plunge.

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I've never used any other binder-style brands.  However, diary-wise, I've used a diary every year since I started secondary school (in 1998).  Back in those early days of planner use, I used the ones we got free from school.  I think I only started buying my own diary when I was 14 and becoming an "independent teenager"!  Up until I finished school, I bought a WH Smith diary every year.  They have some brilliant ranges for school with fun designs.  At university, I switched to using Moleskine planners.  I've always used week-to-view pages.  I used these until I got my first Filofax.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

I only have two Filofaxes - a personal ochre Malden and an A5 vintage pink Malden.  I also have a red Moleskine planner that I keep a daily journal in.  My favourite is the personal Malden.  It's the perfect size and is lovely to touch.

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

Two!

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

I use the personal Malden as my planner.  Unlike a lot of readers (I think, based on Laurie's survey), I keep personal and work appointments all in the same planner.  I use the A5 Malden as a recipe book.

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

The best bit about Filofax organisers is that you can rearrange the pages and add/remove pages as you need.  I love this flexibility, and now that I've used a Filofax I don't think I'd go back to a bound planner.

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

I'm not sure I have anything to write here!

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

My Filofax goes in my handbag most the time, or in my study bag (which is a big bag with my MSc notebooks in it) sometimes.  When I'm at home, or work, I leave it out on a table.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I love the Malden range (you probably guessed!), but I've also had my eye on a Finsbury for aaaaaaaages.  The trouble is, I'd like a vintage rose Finsbury in the personal size, and they're not available any more.  So, I keep looking at them on the Internet and sighing!

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model? 

Gosh, I can't remember, but it would be the A5 Malden.  I think it was £90+?  I've probably deliberately wiped it from my mind as it's so much to spend on one item of stationery!

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most? 

The community!  I've met lots of lovely readers through Twitter and I like chatting to them.  We're all awesome!

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy? 

I'm going to ignore this question as it is a silly question!  I like everything.

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded? 

I'm a member of Spotify, so I download lots of random albums because they're free (I have to say this, so you understand that I wouldn't necessarily pay for what I download!).  The last album I downloaded was a The Runaways greatest hits album.  I saw the film a few months ago and I wanted to see what they were like in real life!

Thank you for letting me take part! Thank you for taking part Millie......

3 comments:

  1. Hi!

    Nice guest post! :)
    We have vintage rose Finsburys in all the stores that sell Filofaxes over here. So maybe they could still be available locally? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for featuring me! I'm hoping now someone will send me a link to a rose Finchley for sale..... The power of philofaxy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete