04 October 2017

Philofaxy London Meet Up September 2017

I have just had a wonderful weekend in London. I flew in on Friday afternoon care of Ryanair from my nearest airport at Poitiers to Stansted. Then a train down in to London.

On Saturday morning I was able to take my time to get to the venue and visit some of the other shops, including the stationery section in John Lewis with their display of Filofax organisers tucked away in a corner!


There was a big NFL American League Football event going on in Regent Street with the street closed to traffic.


We all met up at the usual venue close to Oxford Circus.

Lots of sharing of organisers and discussions took place over drinks and food of course.

Some pictures....

L-R Max, Darren, Jené, Steve, Ian


Lots of organisers and Filofax bags, the red one is the Filofax Duchess bag.


“When is the next one?” Was a question I was asked by at least two people!!

On Sunday morning I popped in to the London Pen Show to meet David Round and his lovely daughter Hannah, of William Hannah England the disc-bound leather notebook/planner people. It was the first time that David and I had met, although we have chatted on Skype several times.

It was great to see the full range of notebooks and David was doing a brisk business all day apparently ably assisted by Hannah who was doing her part to show people the different notebooks.


I had a wander around the show, although I didn’t buy anything, there were lots and lots of fountain pens to tempt the collectors!

Interestingly Yard-O-Lead had a stand there and there was David Field on the stand. I think Yard-O-Lead split away from Filofax-Letts Group when the merger with Rediform took place a few years ago. Their products are beautifully made, but at a premium price but you can see why when you see them up close.

Finally thank you to everyone who helped making my visit so worthwhile and made me so welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Was great fun, shame I didn't know about the pen show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great to meet everyone, see their organisers and have lunch. I even had a beer, or was it two? I shall look forward to the next meet up. Cheers Steve.

    ReplyDelete