I was looking for a book the other day (I didn't find it!) and I gathered together all the books I have on time management and organisation that I have collected over the years and I thought I would share the details with you all.
Quite a few of them are 'out of print' now but they do appear on Amazon Market Place from time to time.
- Filofax Facts - Ian Sinclair - This dates from 1988 and I have reviewed it before on the blog. It has a lot of details and 'pictures' of lots of the old inserts that are no longer available these days.
- Getting Things Done - David Allen - The original edition came out in 2001 and according to David Popely who reviewed the 2nd revision, the original version is much better than the latest version.
- The Advanced Day Planner User's Guide - Hyrum W. Smith - This book was originally published in 1987 and it is focused on Franklin Covey planner users, but there are lots of tips for all planner users. We have reviewed this a couple of times, here and here.
- Managing Time Loving Every Minute - Peter Green - This book was used on the Filofax Time Management training courses, originally published 1999 with a second revision coming out in 2004. If you buy a second hand copy try to get one which hasn't been written in.
- 'A' Time - The busy manager's action plan for effective self management - James Noon - Tim did an excellent guest post about the author James Noon, a quick read of that post will give you a better idea if this book is for you. This is another book that has lots of self assessment work sheets in it so it is essential to get an 'as new' copy if you can. James has his own website too
- Zen To Done - Leo Babauta - This is a variation on Getting Things Done, I found the concepts easier to understand, but that might tell you more about me than about the book! The authors own website has a lot of details, worth a visit.
- Journalling School: A Short Course in Personal Journalling - Ray Blake - Not a book about organisation as such but an excellent book on journalling and how to improve your journalling skills.
Amazon UK links:
Amazon USA links: