19 September 2024

Experienced User - Kim

 This week we learn how Kim uses her Filofax. 

1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it? 

It was in the mid 90s

2. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)? 

I have a lovely small Filo that is about 3x5 " in burgundy leather. They one for my wedding in 1999 it was blue and about 6x9

3. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own? 

Three!

4. What do you use your organisers for? 

Keeping my many different interests and jobs in order. I couldn't survive without it. 

5. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for? 

Only the calendar and address book

6. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature? 

I think my little Filo is perfect. They thought of everything: calendar and address book, a pocket for cash, a small zipper section for change, slats for credit and business cards in the front and place for a pencil that is beneath the strap that snaps shut.

7. What was the last movie you watched? 

Challengers..the tennis movie. I loved it!

9. What was the last book you read? 

The autobiography of Isabella Stewart Gardner

10. When did you start using an organiser? 

It's hard to remember! But, I think it was 1997

11. How has your use of an organiser changed over the years? 

Yes, it has. I have used it as a general calendar so I can see a week and a month at a time. It is hard to pretend the phone calendar doesn't exist b/c so many events come with ready links to the calendar. It's easier to accept them. However, after abandoning the Filofax for a number of years I have rekindled my love for it's straightforward, no nonsense information organization. It makes me feel less anxious to see the week at at glance with all the info I need in one place and not on a tiny screen. 

12. Which diary format works best for you and why? 

Week at a glance. I need to see what I have each day at once so that I won't miss anything.

13. What other information do you keep and maintain in your organiser? 

I have phone numbers of importance: family, friends, stores. I love the month at a glance to keep things in perspective. My Filofax also has a wallet and change purse in it, which is handy despite the reality I rarely use cash!

14. What routines and structures do you use? 

I have found that I can carry my Filofax with me and my phone in my purse. I use a pencil to keep daily dates in my Filofax and at night I transcribe the events that are on my phone. I find that this system works for me to not miss appointments b/c I am looking at my whole schedule at night for the next day. 

I fell out of the habit of keeping a written schedule for a bunch of years and eventually, lately, I realized I was missing events and appointments b/c I wasn't seeing my weekly schedule and only relying on the alerts from my phone and those weren't obvious enough...so I missed things. 

15. Do you use one binder or several, and if several, how do you use them? 

I used to use two,  many years ago when I was decorating and I had one for my wedding too! 

16. Tell us about your You Tube channel 

My channel is connected to my Blog, Women's Survival Guide. It hosts the women I interview and small videos I do on an array of subjects like my Filofax! www.womenssurvivalguide.com

Thank you Kim.

If you would like to take part in this series please email steve@philofaxy.com and mark your email 'Experienced Filofax User'

No comments:

Post a Comment