06 September 2024

Free For All Friday - No. 826 by Anita

Whilst looking back through some of the posts here for inspiration, I realised that it's been ten years since I first purchased my beloved personal Kensington! However, it hasn't been in my possession for all that time as I sold it some years ago, so it's also belonged to three different members of the community in the US, before finally coming back to its forever home with me in 2020.

To celebrate my love of all things Kensington, here are some of my posts:

Filofax Kensington review - By Anita - my initial post back in 2014.

The Goldilocks effect (home in my Kensington - very kindly gifted back to me in 2016.

There and Back Again: a Kensington's Tale - by Anita - gifted back to me again in 2020! I am so appreciative of our wonderful and generous community. 

Personal Kensington flip through - by Anita

After it was so kindly gifted back to me in 2016, I gave it back again to the same person as I'd decided that I'd wanted to own only the one Filofax, and I felt at that time that I needed something more colourful. And then I reached out to them again on the off-chance that they might still have it in 2020... and it's been with me ever since. It does seem a bit silly now, but in the past I've pushed myself to own just the one binder, which means that I have rehomed some that I probably wouldn't now. However, I have enjoyed this journey, so I don't have any regrets about the others and have my all-time favourite back.

Do you have any organisers that you have gotten back again due to seller's regret, or re-purchased one again at a later date?

And as always on Fridays, please feel free to discuss anything organiser related. I hope that you have a great weekend. 

2 comments:

  1. My black Finsbury A5 has been 'there and back again', as has my aqua Original A5. It seems there is quite a lot of passing-around and also binder bartering going on at times!

    And strangely, I am now considering a move down to personal size (one or two issues to overcome here before that can happen) so this is quite on topic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first was purchased in '86 at Borders in NYC - a black plastic affair, then bought a more expensive one at the filofax store in Stamford CT back in '92. Since then I've picked up a couple of Slimlines and a Personal Holborn and Kendal at Quill/Press in Acton MA (sadly the store has closed). An Ochre Malden (my favorite) purchased on-line in 2012 and finally a red Personal Portland from ebay this year. I lost a slimline at the DC airport but have kept the rest. I'm still on the lookout for a Yorkshire like Janet's collection at This Bugs Life and your Winchester looks amazing. I was lucky to have started in '86 in NYC when stationary stores still carried all the various inserts. Which one is your favorite and what has your journey been like?

    ReplyDelete