13 November 2009

Dreams Do Come True

I have received as a very generous gift my "dream Filofax," a Personal Deco in Ivory!! It is gorgeous and I love it, love it, love it. I have posted a bunch of photos of it on my Flickr page!

It's a beautiful Filo, but the thing is a workhorse too. The closure strap is long so the book can be stuffed full (which I inevitably do with my Filos). It also has a full-length popper pocket inside the back cover, and inside the front cover there's a full-length zip pocket, another full length pocket, and card slots so it can double as a wallet (although I don't think I will use it that way).

One happy discovery is that the pen loop is leather on the front, and the back side is elastic to accommodate a wide range of pen sizes and shapes. Even my Bic 4 color pen fits into it, but I had to take it back out again because it's just not classy enough for this Filo!

It came loaded with all cotton-cream inserts including diary, address pages, and notes pages. Very nice. I'm not certain but the cotton cream pages seem a little thicker than the normal Filofax paper?

The Deco has hardly left my side since I got it and I have already spent some time getting to know it, loading it with my pages, and filling in the diary. Even though I had already filled in my 2010 week on 2 pages diary insert, I decided to do it all over again so I can use the cotton cream week on 2 pages because it looks so nice!

And if you were wondering, yes that clasp is even more beautiful in person!

Very, very happy with my new Deco!!

11 comments:

  1. Wow! How lovely! I absolutely cannot wait to see your photos up on Flickr!!!!

    Again, Happy Birthday to you Laurie : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. It gorgeous, Laurie, absolutely beautiful!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome filo, Laurie. Enjoy it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!! I WANT ONE!!!!!

    How wonderful Laurie, Maybe I could stretch to getting this one as my 'wedding book'?? Maybe not...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just visited your flickr. Lovely. What are your tabs? I can only see 'Notes'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have lots of tabs, including:

    Emergency and Medical; Travel Info; Local contacts; Information (where I keep my lists of goals, my workout schedule, and other reference info; Lists (I have a lot of lists), Notes, Move (to prepare for our move in a few months), Financial, Addresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heartfelt congrats, Laurie!

    I know how felt when I received my white Deco (personal size, too!), and how I feel when I take it out of my purse to write. It's bliss!

    I added some flat-back rhinestones around the locking mechanism and on the two bookmarks I use. A girl can never have enough bling... and this way, I can tell which white deco is mine and which is yours. :o)

    Gee - so what's your next dream? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Stephanie! LOL so we can tell which Deco is yours and which is mine! We should have a Deco party.

    Yes now I have to come up with a new dream don't I?? Luckily I have lots of dreams. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephanie, your black rhinestones sound awesome. I'd love to see a picture. I did something similar with my citrus personal Piazza. I used clear rhinestone alphabet stickers to put my initials on the bottom right corner. I love bling too!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, D:

    I just uploaded some pics on flckr of blinged deco.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/filofaxdecobling/

    Hope this helps and stirs the bling creativity in you!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Stephanie,

    Thanks for the pictures of the BLING!!! I love it. Your fountain pen is pretty awesome too. I use fountain pens, but all of mine are too fat to fit the pen loops on my filos, so I keep Parker ballpoints in the loops and just use the fountain pens in the filos when I'm at home.

    ReplyDelete