Hey there! I´m Inger, I´m 46 and I live in Norway with my husband and two kids, aged 8 and 16. I´m a law school graduate, but am currently a stay at home Mum. My husband works even more than I did, and someone has to keep the family up and running and I´m better at that job than he is. I have absolutely no regrets, but are planning to go back to school next autumn and possibly become a teacher. But until then, I spend my days reading (mostly history), baking and taking care of the kids.
I love planners and paper, and also make cards for every occasion and sometimes I´m lucky enough to sell a few. I also love to knit and sew, and staying at home has given me the opportunity to have hobbies again.
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
I bought a personal sized The Bridge planner 15 or so years ago. It was quickly followed by a zipped The Bridge and then a pocket sized one. I think I purchased them all within a month or so.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I have lots of planners! I´m a collector at heart (which sounds so much better than "hoarder"). I currently have these brands:
- Van der Spek
- Pineider (on it´s way to me)
- The Bridge
- The Trend
- Kikki K
I´m tempted by the Il Bisonte planner, so that one is on my list.
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
Oh, it´s so difficult to choose! But I think I will have to say my medium Gillio Mia Cara in dark brown. The leather quality, the chunkiness, the dark chocolate colour...It´s just so incredibly beautiful.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
Counting the three planners on their way to me, I have 21, not counting my midoris/fauxdoris. I have 4 Filofaxes, all Maldens (a mini, a pocket, a zipped pocket and a personal). I might get an A5 soon, because I actually NEED another A5 (not just want).
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
That would be my three The Bridge planners. They´re 15, but still beautiful, despite a few scratches. An the rings are stil tight!!
6. What do you use your organisers for?
Everything, really. I use two for daily planning (six months in each, and they´re overstuffed), a medium Gillio Mia Cara and a Compagna (fuchsia croco mat and aqua shiny croco). My dark brown Mia is used for books, movies, music. My pink pocket Mia is my wallet (I change between that one and the purple pocket Mia and my pocket Bethge), my pcket vds is my expense tracker. I use my Kikki K for tracking excersise. My A-plan is used for genealogy. My zipped personal The Bridge is used for meal planning, and my black/orange Compagna is used for receipes. My The Trend planner is my knit-fax, but the size is too small for that.
7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
In my daily organisers I have Month on 2 Pages for keeping track of our family´s schedule, Week on 2 Pages, a yearly fold out to track my daughter´s activities.
8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love the ability to switch pages around easily.
9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
Big rings!!! My dream planner is something like the old Gillio trifold but with 50mm rings.
10. How do you carry your Filofax?
My daily planner stays at home, but I always carry my pocket Mia (or Bethge) with me. I have a monthly planner and some note paper in there, so I can transfer it to my home binder. If I´m going to the library or somewhere ehere I might find a book store, I always carry my dark brown Mia too.
11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I love the A5 Malden! And since I need another A5 planner, I might buy it soon.
12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I spent € 410 on my croco medium Mia Cara. And when custom fees and taxes was added, it probably hit the €500 mark. The Gillios are terribly expensive, but if they last as long as my The Brigde planners, they will be worth it.
13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
I recently holepunched a pencil case (after a tip here on Philofaxy), and it works great! And I make my own dividers from scrapbook paper.
14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
I love all the inspiration I find here!
15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
Can´t think of anything, but my husband will probably say all the inspiration I find here!
16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
"Boy from the North" by Monica Heldal.
17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
That would be fun, but unfortunately not an option here. It seems everyone is using smart phones these days!
18. What was the last movie you watched?
"Still Alice". it was amazing.
19. What was the last book you read?
I just finished a book called "Den hellige kongen - religion og herskermakt fra vikingtid til middelalder". That probably translates to something like "The sacral king - religion and power from the viking age era to medieval times". I´m reading a lot of history these days.
Thank you Inger.
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.