24 May 2015
Reader Under The Spotlight - Rebecca
Hello! My name is Rebecca and I'm from a little island in the south-east of England that no one seems to know exists. I live with my fiancee and three bunnies, and I am in the process of finishing my final year of my law degree. I first discovered Filofaxes by accident, when I stumbled onto Mrs Brimbles Youtube channel.
Here is a link to my blog: http://missjigglypuff.blogspot.co.uk/
1. When did you buy your first organiser and what was it?
The first organiser I bought was a personal Ochre Malden last summer, which I am now having to sell due to going vegan last September.
2. What other brands have you used or considered using?
I am hopefully getting a personal Macaroon planner for my birthday this year - I love the colours!
3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?
My raspberry compact saffiano.
4. How many Filofax or other brands of organisers do you own?
I have 4: an a5 Paperchase organiser, my compact Saffiano, a compact patent in lavender, and a personal Pak (I inherited it from my mum)
5. What is the oldest organiser in your collection?
That would have to be the personal Pak. Mum thinks its from the later half of the 90's, and I use it for storing extra inserts.
6. What do you use your organisers for?
I use my a5 for everything I need to keep in one place but that I don't need with me out - bunny vet information, car information etc. My compact Saffiano is my everyday planner, the Pak is for storage and the patent is just to keep my shelves pretty.
7. How many sections do you have in your organiser and what is each section used for?
In my everyday planner I have 4 sections: a lists section (wish list, manga's I already own etc), diary (WO2P), information for my trip in June, and just spare note paper.
8. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?
I love the feeling when I get it out in public and people ask about it, and then tell me I've inspired them to get their own.
9. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?
I would create rings which are somewhere between compact and personal - I carry loads of stuff, but I wish everything didn't always pop out when I'm changing my dashboard.
10. How do you carry your Filofax?
In whatever bag I'm using - the benefit of non-leather planners is they don't cost as much so I don't feel like I need to baby them.
11. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?
I love the dark blue cover story with the flamingos, but I doubt I'll buy it. I buy mine second hand and I have a personal Ranger on its way to me as we speak so I don't think I can justify another.
12. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax or other brand of organiser? Which model?
I spent about £45 on my Malden, on ebay.
13. What's your favourite Filofax tip or hack?
Do whatever you want - have as many sections as you want, and don't feel obliged to have lots of paper clips if you're not sure what to do with them.
14. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?
The extraordinary wealth of information - I was directed here when I needed to know whether the Ranger is leather.
15. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?
I was going to say the George Clooney/Brad Pitt question, but I can't find that so nothing.
16. What was the last music track you downloaded or bought?
Bippity Boppity Boo from the new Cinderella movie.
17. Have you ever attended a Philofaxy meet-up? if not do you intend to one day?
I would love to one day, they look like such fun.
18. What was the last movie you watched?
Almost definitely a Scooby-Doo movie, but I cannot remember which one.
19. What was the last book you read?
Murder She Wrote: Murder on Parade - love me some JB Fletcher!
Thank you Rebecca.
As you know we are always looking for new people to appear in our 'Reader Under Spotlight feature, you don't have to be 'well known' or a long term user to be considered to appear in this 'spot'.
So please contact Steve philofaxy at gmail dot com today. Thank you.