12 March 2012

Filofax Employee Under the Spotlight

So this week I would like to introduce you to Lloyd, he is the 'Customer Service Manager' for Filofax USA. We made sure the spot light had a nice new bulb in it for this interview! Thank you also to Lorraine for doing the interview for Philofaxy.


When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?
   

I bought my first Filofax in 1986 when I went to college.  I used it every day to manage my homework, my work schedule, and my personal life.  Unfortunately, I cannot remember which one it was.  I believe that it got put away in my parent’s attic with the rest of my college books and papers.  Maybe someday soon I will dig it out and bring it back into play. 

What other brands have you used or considered using out of the organizers you used or considered using?

After college, I went away from any personal organizer and just used whatever desk calendar was around. 

Out of the organizers you own which is your current favorite?

Actually, I think it’s a tie.  I currently flip back and forth between my personal Guilford Zip in black and my Personal Cuban in chestnut.  Unlike many other people, I only use one at a time.  I will switch the complete insides back and forth as I currently use my Filofax to organize my daily life.

How many Filofax organizers do you own?

I currently own four Filofax’s.  I have the Personal Cuban Zip in chestnut, a person Guilford Zip in black, a Pocket Sienna in espresso, and a Pocket Hampstead in brown.

What do you use your Filofax for?

What don’t I use my Filofax for?  I use it for daily planning, for keeping my son’s schedule, I keep my complete address book in it, I plan household projects, I keep automobile maintenance records, and much, much more.

What was the feature about Filofax you like the most?

The feature that I like the most is the fact that I can make it my own.  There is the flexibility of including the pages that I need or removing pages that I don’t.

If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

My Filofax would have more credit card slots and a bigger pen loop in order to incorporate my Lamy pens.  Turning to the inserts, I would love to see all calendars come in the cotton cream colored paper and since I am big Sudoku player I would love to see a new Sudoku product insert.

How do you carry your Filofax?

I carry my Filofax in my brief case during the day and when it is at home it stays with me in the house.

Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most?  Are you going to buy it?

I really like the Cuban Zip in saddle brown.  I am not sure if I will make the purchase or not.

What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax which model?

That’s an interesting question.  The most I ever spent on a Filofax I believe was $95.  That was the one that I bought for college and I do not remember which model it was.  Currently, as a Filofax employee, we get very generous discounts on our products.

How long have you worked with Filofax?

I have worked with Filofax for a little over a year and a half.

What has been your biggest challenge as a Customer Service Manager thus far?

The biggest challenge so far definitely came this past fall when we upgraded our computer systems right at the beginning of our busy season.  Like any computer upgrade, we had our share of speed bumps, but everyone pulled together as a team, kept our composure and made it through very successfully.  For that I thank everyone involved in the upgrade.  A special thanks goes out to the Customer Experience Team!!

What has been your biggest reward as a Customer Service Manager?

When I began my employment with Filofax in 2010, one of the first things I did was change the name of my department from Customer Service to Customer Experience Team.  Our goal is to guarantee that every Filofax customer has an amazing experience when dealing with us, because there is no better advertising than word of mouth.  I am very confident that when a customer calls in and speaks with one of our team members that they are being provided with exceptional service.  There is no better feeling then knowing that our team cares enough about our Filofax customers to provide them with the service that they deserve.

Thank you to both Lloyd and Lorraine

11 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this excellent interview!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very insightful, and I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see the insides of that Personal Filofax, managing so much at one time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really interesting interview - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so interesting, thanks!! Like Jotje, i would love to see inside his Filo :)
    Thanks again for this awesome read!

    ReplyDelete
  5. After the excellent City Organiser post, I was just thinking it would be great to hear more from some one at Filofax... & hey presto! I thought it was interesting to hear about how Lloyd uses his own filo & a little about what it's like to work for the company. I'm sorry that Scoot didn't feel the same way.
    And thanks to Lorraine for doing the interview :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand Scoot's comment - aren't these the same questions as for other people under the spotlight? So why is it any different from any of those features?
    Anyway, I found it interesting and like others, I would have enjoyed a peek inside the filofax!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've emailed Lloyd before so it was good to "meet" him on Philofaxy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I have had great customer service experiences here in the US where Filofax is concerned, however it's not often that we hear from the corporate side of Filofax US. Almost all of the news nad information we get is from the UK, and though not a problem in any way, it's nice to see that someone from the US is aware of Philofaxy and is willing be involved on some level. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Lloyd for participating and Lorraine for doing the interview. Any pictures of Lloyd's set-up? That would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you Lloyd and Lorraine for an interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Thanks Lloyd,I am glad I got a chance to see this. Thanks Lloyd. I thought it would be interesting to hear from someone the Customer Service side.

    ReplyDelete