07 March 2012

Reader Under The Spotlight - Lucy

A big thank you to Lucy for volunteering to stand under the Philofaxy spotlight today.

Hi I'm Lucy, I live in Dorset by the seaside with my lovely fiance (we are planning our wedding for next year) I work in marketing and love Filofaxes, handbags and shopping. You can read my witterings on Filofaxes and the like at http://louloudorsetsmusings.blogspot.com/

1. When did you buy your first Filofax and what was it?

My first Filofax that I can properly remember was a pocket size in pink. I think it may have been a classic although I'm not sure but it was definitely leather. She was a birthday gift from my mother and was essential for making sure I always had phone numbers and addresses as well as my diary on me at all times - this was long before the days of smartphones (in fact it was barely a mobile phone that I had then!!) Sadly she was stolen when I was mugged while living in Croydon a million years ago or so. For a few years I was too scared to carry around too much information on me after loosing everything in one hit but happily when I moved back to Somerset and started a new job in the mid 2000's I found Filofax again and have been obsessed ever since!

2. What other brands have you used or considered using?

I've used other types of Letts diaries, Moleskine diaries, online calendars and smartphones but nothing compares to the flexibility and range of designs that you can get with Filofax to personalise your diary.

3. Out of the organisers you own which is your current favourite (Style and Size)?

It has to be my Personal sized Amethyst Deco. I absolutely adored this Deco then the Amethyst didn't stay around for long and the price point for it was scarily high. However my lovely man tracked one down for my birthday last year and I haven't been tempted to stray once since I started using her 7 months ago - a first for me!

4. How many Filofax organisers do you own?

Hmmm here's hoping my better half doesn't read this but I have 6 A5, 9 Personal, 4 Pocket. A Domino conference folder in lilac and an A5 Magenta Flex (crumbs quite a few then....)

5. What do you use your Filofax for?

My Deco is my bible - it has everything in it - all the things I'm supposed to be doing, those must not forgets, birthdays, phone numbers, addresses, emergency contact numbers.....I would be totally lost without it. My A5 Osterley is my work Filofax - luckily I'm able to keep my work and home life separate (and of course it gives me an excuse to indulge in different binders)

6. What was the feature about Filofax you like most?

How you can personalise them to suit your needs from the style of diary to all the different notepaper etc and of course there are the stickers....

7. If you could design your own Filofax what would it feature?

It would be super soft leather, probably similar to the Deco but squishy like the Malden. It would of course have to have the largest ring size possible - but the main thing is there would be a print your own diary format to suit you. I love the templates Philofaxy have done (as the official range is woefully lacking in options) but I don't have access to a printer. So if you could choose a template and have Filofax (or someone else??) print them, cut them and send them out that would be just perfect....

8. How do you carry your Filofax?

Nearly always in my handbag or clutched in my mitts depending on what I'm up to.

9. Which Filofax in the current range do you like the most? Are you going to buy it?

I'm most intrigued by the purple Malden that is coming up - I know that's not current as such but the Malden is so tactile and lovely and if the purple is a lovely as it looks then I might be persuaded by the A5....I also really like the new Temperley designs and how they seem from the video at least quite Filofax/Flex like but at that price no way am I going to be purchasing one unfortunately.

10. What is the most you have ever spent on a Filofax? Which model?

The most I've spent is on an A5 Osterley in Grey which is also my most recent purchase (oops) and is my current work binder. However it was an absolutely bargain thanks to the City Organiser and their fab prices and additional valentine's discounts

11. Turning to Philofaxy, what do you like the most?

I love the community feel of Philofaxy. I wish I had more time to join in more as I know when I log into the site I loose hours reading all the comments, posts and links. Everyone is so helpful and friendly and we all want the same thing from our planners - to find the format/size/layout that works and I adore reading about the different set ups and getting ideas for changes to mine. The GTD posts have been fantastic from a work perspective as I try to juggle work/studying/home life in particular. My absolute favourite moment is the Saturday morning round up when I can lie in bed before anyone is awake and read through all the posts.

12. And what do you not like about Philofaxy?

I really can't think of anything I don't like....other than I'd like more time to spend on it :)

13. What was the last music album CD you bought or downloaded?

My last music purchase was the album Trouble by Ray LaMontagne

Thank you for agreeing to go under the spotlight... and if any of our readers would also like to be featured please contact steve[at]philofaxy[dot]com

11 comments:

  1. Yay for Lucy!! I have seen some of her stunning filofaxes in real life too!! Do you have a wedding filofax?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thanks CP and I do indeed have a wedding filofax (an A5 Malden in Vintage Pink) I truly am obsessed Lx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to 'meet' you Lucy. You have a great range of FFs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucy, popped over to your blog. Lucky you winning an Enigma. Have you used it yet? Nice to read about you. Would love to see a new 'family photo', perhaps when your fiancé is out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Lucy!!! You are a true enabler - we love you xxx :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lucy its great to see you as the 'reader under the spotlight'. I love your blog... very entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice Post Lucy, Nice to me another person hooked on Filofax. Be Well:D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aah thanks everyone I'm still very excited to be under the spotlight so thank you for all the kind comments Lx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post! Nice to "meet" you officially here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lucy, I'm late to the party, but enjoyed reading all about you. Thanks for your great post!

    ReplyDelete