27 March 2016

Readers Favourite Organiser- LilDivette

Thank you to LilDivette for sharing with us her favourite organiser. 

1. What is your favorite organizer (Make/model/size)?

Currently my Van der Spek Touch Me Manager (A5) in Light Brown.

2. How long have you owned it?

For about 4 months when I decided to upgrade to an A5 size after being a long-time personal size gal. So far, I'm loving it! :-)

3. What is it that you like about it so much?

Where do I begin!

  • soft, high quality leather that smells divine!
  • the Light Brown color is gorgeous--a warm orange-brown caramel shade
  • the pocket layout is perfection: a full back pocket, 1 zip pocket, 2 secretarial pockets, 2 vertical slip pockets, and tons of card slots
  • large 35mm rings!
  • excellent craftsmanship
  • ages beautifully--it's already developing a gorgeous patina

Is that enough? ;-)

4. Do you use it all the time?

Every single day since I received it! It's my primary binder dedicated to personal, family, home, and fitness. In the front, is my monthly/weekly schedules for the entire year and in the back are a variety of specialty sheets for bill tracking, goal planning, shopping lists, task lists, reference notes, and project worksheets. I work from home so the large size isn't a problem for me but it never leaves house--I use a personal-size planner for on-the-go.

5. Do you think the design could be improved in any way? How?

Yes, it needs LARGE pen loops! I'm a fountain pen user and had to incorporate a 'hack' to carry a large barrel fountain pen: I punched a thick, rigid piece of plastic, attached a pen loop--the ones you can pick up at any local office supply store with an adhesive backing--and added it as an insert.

For extra large fountain pens that might get in the way of the binder strap from closing, I'll slip the whole pen loop insert into the front half of the full back pocket with the pen loop pointing upward. I carry a thin ballpoint pen in the existing pen loop because it's all that'll fit in there. It's a feature that is severely lacking. If you're reading this Petra, please, please, PLEASE add larger pen loops, two if possible! :-)

And here are some photographs of my favourite organiser







Thank you LilDivette who you can find here:
If you would like to share with us the details of your favourite organiser, please contact steve @ philofaxy dot com 

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this beautiful planner. I have one exactly the same but in personal size and I love it. The colour is outstanding and the design fits my needs perfectly. I tend to alternate between this and a couple of others. But my absolute favorite planner is the personal Glenroyal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Trina! Isn't the color and the quality of the leather divine? I still prefer the personal size--use it as a on-the-go planner--but am enjoying the additional 'real estate' I get out A5. :-)

      Delete
  2. I'm not normally one for the 'cosmetics' of binder enhancement *at all*, but I love those cards you have inside the front cover. Where did you get them please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David, I'm also primarily a 'functional' planner so I keep my 'cosmetics' to a minimum--glad it appealed to you! The cards are sold as a pack in Michael's by a company called MAMBI (Me and My Big Ideas--they also have an online store) for the Happy Planner (a disc bound planner system). The cost is around $4 (in the US) and come pre-punched for a disc bound system--I just trimmed it and punched it for a ring binder. It's nice to open my binder every day and see an inspirational message. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.... this might be the first time ever that I buy something like this!

      Delete
  4. Is it correct that you cannot determine the size of the pen loop but you can decide the other features?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Be! The Touch Me line of binders are pre-made and already in stock so you can't change any of the features; you just get to choose the color. If you order a 'custom' binder, then you can choose the inner and outer leather, stitching, ring size, how many pen loops and their size, as well as a few other add on features. I also have a Van der Spek custom binder in a personal size and absolutely LOVE it. I got it with 2 pen loops, one larger to accommodate fountain pens. HTH!

      Delete
    2. Hi Lil Divette. Thank you for the information about the different binders. Your binder has all the pockets one could want. It is not surprising that many people are very pleased with the products.

      Delete